Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

80m GBP :D

Easily. QoS had £15.75m OW and finished with £51.1m. Skyfall has already accumulated £37m+ and its 2nd weekend will at least match QoS's OW. I don't see how it can miss to get a multiplier from its 2nd weekend that QoS got from its first weekend, especially when it has much better WOM.
  • Like 1

If it continues 20% drop till its end of run, will do £100m. ($160M) ...

£150m actually. :)But let's go with something more conservative like 40%. This Fri-Sun is looking at £16m, so the Fri-Thurs week will be around £22.5m. Cume will be £60m.With different weekly drops, it will finish with:50% : 82.5m45%: 87.5m40%: 93.5m35%: 101.5m30%: 112.5mI think it has got a good shot at £90m ($145m).
  • Like 2

Hey! I think we can settle for both ruling the UK.A film with a £73m gross and 7 others with a gross around or above £50m is nothing to sneeze at.

No we can't, UK is for Bond, Potter has practically the rest of the world so its nice to give our spy at least the UK :)

I think 85M is the minimum.

No joke. This can beat £93m of Avatar. According BOM and with some quick calculations, TDKR did about £41m from its OW, which was even lower than second weekend projection for Skyfall. If these crazy numbers come true and Skyfall ends this weekend with £53m, following the same run than TDKR it would finish with £94m... WITHOUT 3D :dunce:

No joke. This can beat £93m of Avatar. According BOM and with some quick calculations, TDKR did about £41m from its OW, which was even lower than second weekend projection for Skyfall. If these crazy numbers come true and Skyfall ends this weekend with £53m, following the same run than TDKR it would finish with £94m... WITHOUT 3D :dunce:

I thought no film can break that untill Avatar 2.

That would put it easily at the top of admissions for the 21st century I think.

FOTR sold 15.296m tickets, and with last year's ticket prices, it would adjust to 92.693m Pounds. To be safely ahead of that, I would think no less than 95m Pounds.http://lumiere.obs.coe.int/web/film_info/?id=17253http://www.cinemauk.org.uk/facts-and-figures/uk-cinema-industry-economics/average-uk-ticket-prices-2000-2011/