Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

The UK fell off just 30% in its 3rd weekend, grossing a huge $18.2 to bring the market cume to $117.5. Skyfall is now the 4th biggest film of all time in the UK with £72.9 million in the bank (and the biggest non-3D film), behind Avatar (£94.0 million), Toy Story 3 (£73.8 million), and Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 (£73.1 million).

The economy is only slightly better due to the Olympics will be back in a recession after the next quarter they cannot produce the Olympics again to save the economy.

Perception. People feel better spending after the Olympics, so at least for the very short term the economy will be better.And that's about 11.5 million quid, ridiculously amazing. Edited by riczhang
  • Like 1

The economy is only slightly better due to the Olympics will be back in a recession after the next quarter they cannot produce the Olympics again to save the economy.

It's probably true, the economic conditions worsen in France, Spain and Germany, that will hurt the UK.The US economy is doing pretty fine in comparison, but I'm not sure it's enough to offset this.

Apparently the government in the UK has done about 3 rd of the cuts so far and it's bad enough here as it. I live in east London 2 miles or so from the Olympic park in a Olympic borough and the cut's where held back till after the olympics so the area seemed nicer. Sorry for all this political stuff but in the end it effect's us all.

Apparently the government in the UK has done about 3 rd of the cuts so far and it's bad enough here as it. I live in east London 2 miles or so from the Olympic park in a Olympic borough and the cut's where held back till after the olympics so the area seemed nicer. Sorry for all this political stuff but in the end it effect's us all.

I saw the number of students in the UK dropped a lot since the tripling of registration prices (sorry I don't know the words to translate this from French) in universities.Pretty bad on the long term.

With this data, is it reasonable to think in x3 multiplier from the 3rd weekend given the increase of competition with BD2? I mean, can it make another 22 million pounds to reach 95 million and outgross Avatar? Maybe even more and break the magical 100 milllion barrier

With this data, is it reasonable to think in x3 multiplier from the 3rd weekend given the increase of competition with BD2? I mean, can it make another 22 million pounds to reach 95 million and outgross Avatar? Maybe even more and break the magical 100 milllion barrier

So I think Avatar's a done deal now. It should be at or over £84m by the end of next weekend already.A £6m 4th weekend is definitely doable, plus at least £5m from weekdays. That's a minimum I think.

OK. You have answered me before I had questionned :lol: Edited by peludo