Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

What is going on?!?A ridiculously good 3rd weekend for Skyfall, I have run out of superlatives to describe the monster that is destroying the UK Box-Office records = Skyfall.I was hoping over £10M but around £11.5M for a 3rd weekend is insane, every film would be happy with that for OW...Avatar is sweating now in the #1 position and Bond gets closer and closer, can it be done!?! I hope so!

• Like 2

I think £15m is likely which is a small increase from BD1, will be a major weekend for cinemas with this and Skyfall's continued success.Thinking ahead, I wonder if Catching Fire will double THG OW given its opening in the November slot previously held by Potter and Twilight.

UK weekend BO report is in!

http://www.screendaily.com/box-office/skyfall-records-hat-trick-as-it-climbs-uks-all-time-list/5048867.article?referrer=RSS

Apart from Skyfall's estimated £11.4/.5M weekend...

[*]Madagascar 3 nearly at £20M after a £1.5M weekend for £19.7M total so far.

[*]Argo with £1.3M OW, but legs will be great!

[*]Here Comes The Boom tanks with £470,000 debut.

[*]HT at £7.4M now and Taken 2 at £23.2M now.

• Like 1

This week:Amour should do well with glowing reviews.The Master expands nationwide after 2 weeks in just one London cinema, again should do well with Oscar buzz too!And of course, Twilight: BD2 which should have at least a £14M OW to avoid being branded as having a 'bad' OW.

The Master will do decent but not big numbers, Madagascar 3 and Taken 2 have had great runs so far although Madagascar will probably be hit by Rise of the Guardians in a few weeks. Next week has three mid-sized releases with Gambit and Silver Linings Playbook opening midweek and Nativity 2 although I think the latter will flop, did the first one even do well?