Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

I imagine it must have been very close between The Pirates! and Wrath on the weekend, it was a bit odd to release Pirates! on the Wednesday but it'll have good legs throughout the Easter break.It'll be interesting how Battleship does, it looks very generic but it will appeal to the audience who want an action film and should do okay until Avengers is released.

1 The Hunger Games (Lionsgate) £2,986,317 £9,854,2282 Wrath Of The Titans (Warner Bros) £2,192,740 £2,192,7403 The Pirates! In An Adventure With Scientists (Sony) £2,176,195 £2,176,1954 21 Jump Street (Sony) £962,537 £5,557,9365 StreetDance 2 (Vertigo) £608,024 £608,0246 The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel (20th Century Fox) £489,707 £16,731,1277 The Devil Inside (Paramount) £239,741 £4,041,2898 We Bought A Zoo (20th Century Fox) £164,308 £1,925,9029 Contraband (Universal) £137,497 £1,766,50810 The Muppets (Walt Disney) £69,147 £16,149,877

Edited by Heretic

Big increase for THG from estimates. That's around $4.8m, not $4.3m. That's a good hold, and it should be near $16m now after 2 weekends. $30m is the target.Very close between Wrath and Pirates, but it looks like the former just edged it out. Excellent hold for 21 Jump street.Titanic has strong pre-sales around me and I;m seeing tv-spots everywhere. It should take the number 1 spot I think with over £2m, maybe near £3m. I'm not sure how easter day effects films though. Hopefully it doesn't kill them.

Forgot about Mirror Mirror. It opened yesterday and it's actually doing quite well it seems looking at the sales around me area...that could perhaps make over £2m for opening week quite easily. The Pirates! is doing fantastically atm, as is THG. The holidays should give both a good boost.

How's business for THG at your cinema Phillip, if you still have it?

it was actually up yesterday compared with last monday. overall we've been quite disappointed with it though. it's done ok but nothing special.Mirror Mirror did £210k yesterday nationwide at nearly 400 sites.

it was actually up yesterday compared with last monday. overall we've been quite disappointed with it though. it's done ok but nothing special.Mirror Mirror did £210k yesterday nationwide at nearly 400 sites.

How does it compare with Twilight if you had that?That's pathetic, an average of less than 100 people per cinema.