Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

Dragon has no competition, it'll do great business but I cant see it being as leggy as DM2 and Frozen.Dawn of the Planet of the Apes I think will be bigger than the first film. Transformers I think will decrease slightly from the last film.

Ian Sandwell ‏@ian_sandwell  17m

X-Men: Days of Future Past storms the UK box office with the biggest opening of the franchise at £8.4m.

Final figures will be confirmed on Tuesday because of the Bank Holiday, but it will have gone past £10m already by the end of play tomorrow.

Huge! $14.1m opening, With bank holiday, will be near $17m.

Maleficent and Edge of Tomorrow this upcoming week.

In June there isn't much, but the World Cup will prove to be a downer for everything. $40m should be hit, though not sure it can get as high as $50m yet...

Edited by Heretic

These are the wide and saturation releases for June

6th June:

22 Jump Street- Should do great

Grace Of Monaco- Diana numbers, possibly a bit higher

13th June

Belle- Will do pretty well, quite small opening and great legs. Possibly around the duchess number

Devil's Knot- Will bomb and do really little

Oculus- Have a great opening day on Friday the 13th and have a solid run

T.S. Spivet- I have not seen 1 thing for this so I think this will do badly

19th June

The Fault In Our Stars- Watch my words, this is going to be fucking massive. I know most people will laugh at my prediction but £6.2M for 4 day OW/ £29.0m total. Just so much buzz around this

20th June

3 Days To Kill- Won't do much

Jersey Boys- Have a solid run

Chinese Puzzle- Will bomb

27th June

Chef- OK opening followed by great legs

Cold In July- Will do little

Mistaken For Strangers- See cold in july

Mrs Brown's Boys D'Move- This will unfortunately be massive but hope it bombs hard

Return To Homs- See Cold in July

Seve- See cold in July

Walking with sunshine- Will do pretty well

And A Million Ways To Die In The West and Jimmy's Hall [not that I have seen anything for the latter]

Doubt either of them will do well.On the subject of June, it's gonna be extremely quiet. World cup takeover!!! Edited by Heretic

These are the wide and saturation releases for June6th June:22 Jump Street- Should do greatGrace Of Monaco- Diana numbers, possibly a bit higher13th JuneBelle- Will do pretty well, quite small opening and great legs. Possibly around the duchess numberDevil's Knot- Will bomb and do really littleOculus- Have a great opening day on Friday the 13th and have a solid runT.S. Spivet- I have not seen 1 thing for this so I think this will do badly19th JuneThe Fault In Our Stars- Watch my words, this is going to be fucking massive. I know most people will laugh at my prediction but £6.2M for 4 day OW/ £29.0m total. Just so much buzz around this20th June3 Days To Kill- Won't do muchJersey Boys- Have a solid runChinese Puzzle- Will bomb27th JuneChef- OK opening followed by great legsCold In July- Will do littleMistaken For Strangers- See cold in julyMrs Brown's Boys D'Move- This will unfortunately be massive but hope it bombs hardReturn To Homs- See Cold in JulySeve- See cold in JulyWalking with sunshine- Will do pretty well

No fucking way it opens that high or gets a near 5 multi. One or the other. Hunger Games didn't even go that high in 2012 and that had cross gender buzz, while Sex and the City 2 barely topped that just before the last works cup. £3m needs to be the target, that beats Twilight. From there, WoM will take it wherever it needs to go.