Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

£19.4m OW. 5th biggest after SW7, DH2, Skyfall and Spectre. I'd say it has a small chance at topping Spectre's £20m. Just unbelievable. 

Also, can I just say, The Jungle Book had a £9.9m OW, which BatB has got close to in one day. 

Edited by Heretic
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, setna said:

Does anybody know the official number of tickets sold in UK for SW7 ?

i can´t find this data.

Well Lumiere says 12.3m, but I don't see how that can be right. They have Skyfall down as 16.2m, so I imagine SW7 is high teens, maybe 18m. 

For some reason admissions data isn't  available in the U.K which is strange considering most other big markets track them. 

• Like 1

Just now, Heretic said:

Well Lumiere says 12.3m, but I don't see how that can be right. They have Skyfall down as 16.2m, so I imagine SW7 is high teens, maybe 18m. 

For some reason admissions data isn't  available in the U.K which is strange considering most other big markets track them. 

Thanks Heretic,

it´s strange this, in a very computerized world that there is no data with this...

3 hours ago, Heretic said:

It was expected to be huge. Not 2nd biggest Saturday of all time huge. 

And yes, TS3 is biggest non SW Disney with £74m. Will be difficult for BatB to top that.

I think £60-65m total is a reasonable guess similar to Jurassic World, it'll probably have a heftier drop next weekend compare to The Jungle Book but it'll comfortably break £10m next weekend,

I doubt anything will come close until The Last Jedi. 

Edited by Jonwo

1 minute ago, SchumacherFTW said:

I'm in a packed show of Get Out right now. Bet the cinemas in this country are loving that even with the huge blockbusters, the wealth is still being spread. 

Can imagine Get Out will do £2-3m OW which is still excellent against the juggernaut that is BATB. 

I think the upcoming kids films like The Boss Baby and Smurfs will do decently even against Beauty with Easter coming up but I imagine we won't see another big OW until Fast 8 and even then I'm expecting it'll do similar numbers to Fast 7 over five days 

2 hours ago, Heretic said:

That's only for a calendar 2015 year. Total would be much higher. And I think they get UK admissions numbers simply dividing gross by average ticket price.  

19 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

Summer's going to be dull in comparison to the last three months although I think we'll see some big OWs from Guardians 2, Alien, maybe Pirates, Wonder Woman, DM3, Spider-Man, Apes and perhaps Dunkirk. 

Dunkirk will do really well here I think. £30m+