Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

1 minute ago, Manchester by the Tree said:

Jesus, that's an awful drop for FF8. 58% from a soft 3-day.

I agree with @Heretic's view that GOTG2 will decrease from the first one in dollars.

It's not set in stone, but unless it grosses close to £40m or more, it's not going to increase much in dollars. 

£35m gives it $45m. $50m would require £39m, so a $ total right around GotG seems the most reasonable to predict until we have actual numbers.

9 minutes ago, SchumacherFTW said:

The first was HUGE by SH standards, I could even see a drop in total, even if it doubles the original OW. 

It had great legs considering it opened in August and against the likes of The Inbetweeners 2

54 minutes ago, TheDarkKnightOfSteel said:

Before the first number start coming in...did anyone ever believed that BaTB could make all these money,let alone crack the all-time top 10?

It was always going to be huge. Most were predicting £50-60m at least, but not many expected £75m, which is where it seems to be heading. 

• Like 1

GotG2 pre-sales are very strong, lots of full shows tonight, and it's doing very well in IMAX, which will give it a good boost. I'm expecting OD to be above £3m, which means a Saturday of £4m or more might be possible with relatively soft drops on Sunday and Monday due to bank holiday. 

£13m ($16.5m) 4-day is my prediction, with a £10.5m Fri-Sun. GotG opened to £6.4m 3 day. 

Edited by Heretic
  • Like 4

When there are so many showtimes, it doesn't really matter if there aren't as many 'total' sellouts. A few seats scattered here and there and empty front rows is basically a full show. There's quite a few showings I've seen that are almost sell-outs, I just count them as full. 

I think walk ups will be strong too. 

Edited by Heretic

12 minutes ago, Heretic said:

When there are so many showtimes, it doesn't really matter if there aren't as many 'total' sellouts. A few seats scattered here and there and empty front rows is basically a full show. There's quite a few showings I've seen that are almost sell-outs, I just count them as full. 

I think walk ups will be strong too. 

Yeh a sell out is a sell out though.

I'm sure there will be lots of sell outs this evening with walk ups. 

Guardians has sold out all 2D shows until 7:50pm at Cineworld Crawley and it's not even 11am. Will be in the top 10 locations for sure.

Looks like Sunday will be more or less flat from Saturday. I expect this is doing more IM3/Avengers numbers. IM3 made £13.7m 4-day, Avengers made £15.8m 4 day. A figure somewhere in the middle of that seems likely for Guardians. 

• Like 2