Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

9 hours ago, Heretic said:

Well it has a 5-day opening, good reviews and marketing has been okay I think. Seen quite a few posters around on transport etc and some tv spots. Maybe between £10-12m 5 day. 

So could we be in TASM ish gross or more like IM3?

29 minutes ago, Heretic said:

Probably between the two.

Massive opening for DM3, especially considering the weather has been decent this weekend.

Thanks

2 hours ago, PhilipJ2001 said:

Yep, Fantastic for despicable me.

Probably helped as well by it being the first proper children's film since Boss Baby

DM3 only has to face Cars 3 which isn't going to be huge, Cars 2 did £3.5m so I'm not expecting more than £2.5-3m for Cars 3 especially as it's opening same weekend as Apes then there is Captain Underpants and Emoji Movie which I also don't seeing huge business either. 

According to Deadline, Transformers did £1.6m which is a big drop from its four day opening and Wonder Woman cracked £20m with a decent £0.92m 

http://www.screendaily.com/news/uk-box-office-despicable-me-3-enjoys-huge-opening/5119603.article?blocktitle=LATEST-UK-BOX-OFFICE-NEWS&contentID=40073

UK TOP FIVE

Ranking Film/Distributor Weekend gross Running total
1 Despicable Me 3 (Universal) $14.5m (£11.14m) $14.5m (£11.14m)
2 Baby Driver (Sony) $4.7m (£3.6m) $4.7m (£3.6m)
3 Transformers: The Last Knight (Paramount) $2.1m (£1.6m) $10.3m (£7.93m)
4 All Eyez On Me (Lionsgate) $1.19m (£911,235) $1.19m (£911,235)
5 Wonder Woman (WB) $1.18m (£909,000)

$26.9m (£20.73m)

• Like 7

Spider-Man doesn't look very busy tonight here.

Why are Planet of the Apes previews next week only in 3D?!?! Is this forced by the studio to get all the fans to pay that 10% surcharge? Fucking stupid.

Yes it is forced by the studio, we weren't able to show it as we don't have 3d.

Spider-Man is looking very quiet here over the weekend. Was ok last night though with lots of walk ups so maybe just not a film a lot of people are booking for for done reason

1 hour ago, PhilipJ2001 said:

Yes it is forced by the studio, we weren't able to show it as we don't have 3d.

Spider-Man is looking very quiet here over the weekend. Was ok last night though with lots of walk ups so maybe just not a film a lot of people are booking for for done reason

Typical MCU movies. This should have legs. Lets see how it compared to the last two movies. I hope it does much better

• Like 1

Spider-Man should hopefully pick up on the weekend. It's been hot in the south again, was 32 here yesterday so mayb box office is slumping slightly again.

Juts checked some cinemas around my area, pre-sales are quite strong for tonight, and I'm sure walk ups will be good. 

Edited by Heretic
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, SchumacherFTW said:

Dunkirk sales looking very brisk at BFI IMAX, glad I got my tickets last night. 

I'm expecting an OW similar to Interstellar rather than Inception but I wouldn't be surprised if it does closer to £6m