Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

Will be interesting to see which location is on top this weekend for Dunkirk. I think there's only two real contenders here. BFI and OLS.

BFI IMAX is pretty much sold out all weekend so that's the obvious frontronner. Odeon Leicester Square sales are looking quite strong too, and it has a much larger capacity than BFI so it definitely has the potential. Combining OLS and Cineworld Leicester Square IMAX (which is only 100 yards away) however would almost certainly result in the highest revenue.

I can't see any of the other big ones (Westfield London/Stratford, Glasgow, Sheffield, Crawley etc) competing. However, I expect mostly cinemas with IMAX /eXtreme formats will fill the top 10.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Heretic said:

Will be interesting to see which location is on top this weekend for Dunkirk. I think there's only two real contenders here. BFI and OLS.

BFI IMAX is pretty much sold out all weekend so that's the obvious frontronner. Odeon Leicester Square sales are looking quite strong too, and it has a much larger capacity than BFI so it definitely has the potential. Combining OLS and Cineworld Leicester Square IMAX (which is only 100 yards away) however would almost certainly result in the highest revenue.

I can't see any of the other big ones (Westfield London/Stratford, Glasgow, Sheffield, Crawley etc) competing. However, I expect mostly cinemas with IMAX /eXtreme formats will fill the top 10.

Itll be BFI IMAX for number 1, I imagine OLS/CWLS will have very strong business. 

I think Sheffield should do quite well it's a Laser IMAX and Vue Manchester Printsworks as it is the only cinema outside of London to show it in 15/70mm IMAX

I wonder if The Science Museum will be counted even though it's not a cinema, it's showing Dunkirk on its IMAX screen and sales seem strong 

• Like 1

Pre-sales are looking very strong for Dunkirk, can't see it falling below £5m now. I'm going to say third highest opening for Nolan (after TDKR and TDK) with £6.2m. Same number as Gravity. 

Really interested to know how this will rank in IMAX openings.

• Like 1

It is expected to be huge and WoM will be great. Old crowd loved it which means it's gonna have decent weekdays, plus lot of young males showed up, too.

Will hit £25m with ease I think. As of Friday, yes it's looking to be well above £2m. DM3 is having a great hold to claim second.

• Like 1

Weather is quite bad this weekend too which will only boost Dunkirk. 

Family films are looking very strong today, especially DM3 which I've seen quite a few sellouts for. Wouldn't surprise me if it stayed nearly  flat or increased. Probably will become the 2nd biggest film of the year after BatB. 

36 minutes ago, Heretic said:

Weather is quite bad this weekend too which will only boost Dunkirk. 

Family films are looking very strong today, especially DM3 which I've seen quite a few sellouts for. Wouldn't surprise me if it stayed nearly  flat or increased. Probably will become the 2nd biggest film of the year after BatB. 

What about Homecoming? Is it allready dead?