Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

Wonder what kind of drop BP will pull off this weekend. I can see it dropping around 40% or so from the 3-day, which would likely put it near the £30m mark already by Sunday. So looking like a £40m+ total. £50m, we'll have to wait and see. 

• Thanks 1

Also, it has to be said, The Greatest Showman is having one of the most impressive runs of ALL time in the UK. Its 8th weekend and it's still pulling in almost £2m and is past £30m, probably heading for the £40m mark which is ridiculous. Only Avatar had a higher 8th weekend. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, fabiopazzo2 said:

@Heretic 

IW with a huge buzz and hype can exceed 30M on the opening weekend?

It's very unlikely. If it matches Ultron's £18m 4 day that is $25m, which is more or less what I'm expecting. $30m requires £21.5m. Absolute max I can see is £19-20m. 

Edited by Heretic

I've noticed all the big Warner Bros tentpoles coming in March and April, Tomb Raider, Ready Player One and Rampage have 3D and IMAX 3D only previews on their respective Wednesday release before going to all other formats the day after, seems like an odd strategy, Fox did this with War of the Planet of the Apes previews as well

On 2/21/2018 at 6:47 AM, Heretic said:

Wonder what kind of drop BP will pull off this weekend. I can see it dropping around 40% or so from the 3-day, which would likely put it near the £30m mark already by Sunday. So looking like a £40m+ total. £50m, we'll have to wait and see. 

try around 35% drop maybe bit less

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Astonished 8

On 22/02/2018 at 5:20 PM, Treeing Me Apart said:

PSA, cineworld has its (annual?) "IMAX fest" in two weeks. Dunkirk, Beauty and the Beast, GOTG2, It, and Thor 3.

https://www.cineworld.co.uk/static/en/uk/imax-film-fest

Need to figure out which of these is actually any good in IMAX (apart from Dunkirk obvs)

I saw all of them in IMAX when they were originally out:

Dunkirk = Incredible, the best way to watch it. The use of sound is absolutely brilliant.

BATB = Don’t bother. Nothing is added by watching it in IMAX.

GOTG2 = Great, it opens up to fill the screen at various points, visually quite stunning. Music sounds great too.

It = Surprisingly great, the cinematography looks fantastic and the sound really adds to the atmosphere.

Thor: Ragnarok = Visually spectacular and the screen size really does it justice. I’m not sure if it opened up like GOTG but i’d still say it’s worth it.

Greatest Showman flat AGAIN in its 9th weekend, will pass the $50m mark soon. Honestly a mind blowing performance here, and it's showing no signs of slowing down yet. Probably will end nearer $60m mark. Wtf. 

Edited by Heretic
  • Like 2
  • Astonished 1