Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

4 minutes ago, Rthanos said:

and it came to be a near perfect match with Thursday are we 

Fuckkk. 

This is heading for an abaolutely monster Saturday. What are the biggest Saturday figures RTH? 

If Friday was over £6m then I can't see Saturday falling below £7m. Sell outs are looking crazy. Cineworl Crawley is sold out all day until gone 7pm already and it's 8:30am.

Edited by Heretic

50 minutes ago, fabiopazzo2 said:

40M? :ohmygod:

I wouldn't go that far yet, but it certainly looks as if it the $35m mark should be hit. Depending on how big Saturday is, $40m could be in play, but it'd have to top £8m today and have a minimal drop tomorrow.

Just had a look at sellouts again, CW Crawley is sold out till 10pm! 

Edited by Heretic
  • Like 3

Just now, Heretic said:

I wouldn't go that far yet, but it certainly looks as if it the $35m mark should be hit. Depending on how big Saturday is, $40m could be in play, but it'd have to top £8m today and have a minimal drop tomorrow. 

Still fantastic number 

2 minutes ago, Heretic said:

Judging from the number of sellouts, I'm thinking £8m Saturday could actually happen... 

Saturday record I believe is TFA with £8.7m.

On 21/12/2015 at 2:11 PM, Quigley said:

The Force Awakens did, however, fall short of the all-time record opening achieved by Spectre of $61.5m (£41.3m), but that did come from seven days. Officially,The Force Awakens will rank as the second biggest opening ever, but will likely still make more across its first seven days than Spectre.

The Force Awakens posted the biggest Saturday of all time with $12.96m (£8.7m) and the biggest Sunday of all time with $12.67m (£8.5m). They also rank as the third and fourth biggest days of all time according to figures from Rentrak, meaning it has three of the top five days ever at the UK box office.

http://www.screendaily.com/news/the-force-awakens-scores-record-breaking-505m-uk-debut/5098272.article?blocktitle=LATEST-UK-BOX-OFFICE-NEWS&contentID=40073

Edited by fabiopazzo2
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

Fuck me. I could understand it obliterating records in Asia and LA but the fact that it is outdoing freaking TFA in Europe is just....... i’m quickly running out of superlatives here to use for this movie

Infinite   

Feige had the foresight to put the superlative right in the title

Edited by Thanos Legion

7 hours ago, Heretic said:

Simply mind blowing. So Saturday must have been around the £9m mark. Looks like $40m could be happening after all. 

So, are we looking at

Thursday £6.4M

Friday £6.4M/£12.8M

Saturday £8.5M+/£21.3M+ ($29.4M+)

What are you thinking for Sunday?

2 minutes ago, Mike Hunt said:

So, are we looking at

Thursday £6.4M

Friday £6.4M/£12.8M

Saturday £8.5M+/£21.3M+ ($29.4M+)

What are you thinking for Sunday?

Something like that. If it broke the Saturday record, that means over £8.7m. Sunday should have a sub 20% typical of huge openers. 

Thu: £6.4m

Fri: £6.2m

Sat: £8.8m

Sun: £7.6m

Total £29m ($40m)

• Astonished 3

The most impressive part of this opening is that it's 70% higher than AoU, and almost maintained the same internal multiplier from OD despite it making nearly double the amount of AoU on Thursday. 

Also, £24.2m 3 day is above DH2, and on par with TFA's Fri-Sun as the biggest ever, despite having an OD more than £3m lower.

Edited by Heretic
  • Like 3
  • Astonished 1