Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

Ugh. The exchange rate is absolutely horrendous. It just keeps getting worse and worse and worse.A few weeks ago, it was near 1.63, now it's dropping near 1.5 and it just keep plummeting further and further. What's going on!?At his rate, The Avengers won't be hitting $80m anymore.£50m is only $77m now. A few weeks ago, that would have = $82m.

Ugh. The exchange rate is absolutely horrendous. It just keeps getting worse and worse and worse.

A few weeks ago, it was near 1.63, now it's dropping near 1.5 and it just keep plummeting further and further. What's going on!?

At his rate, The Avengers won't be hitting $80m anymore.

£50m is only $77m now. A few weeks ago, that would have = $82m.

Fuck!

Avengers must hit 80M!

That sounds really promising for Prometheus' weekend BO.

Woah! From this website.

While we don't have any official numbers yet from the UK, early results today indicate that PROMETHEUS is doing 150% of MIB3 and Snow White COMBINED!

Edited by Rouge

I thought Prometheus was good although the audience reaction seems to be a bit mixed so I think its legs won't be great after this weekend, They showed a six minute preview of TASM, I think thatll be the next breakout hit.

I thought Prometheus was good although the audience reaction seems to be a bit mixed so I think its legs won't be great after this weekend,They showed a six minute preview of TASM, I think thatll be the next breakout hit.

I was mixed about more negative them positive, didn't enjoy it anywhere near what i was expecting to

I was mixed about more negative them positive, didn't enjoy it anywhere near what i was expecting to

I'm trying to avoid reading anything about it before I see it. I had much higher expectations a few weeks ago. Hopefully it can exceed my now slightly lower expectations. Did you have an early screening?

DHD:

The scifi film opened head-to-head with Snow White in the UK. Today Fox said Prometheus is 319% of the Snow White opening there, and 161% of both Snow White and holdover Men In Black 3. It’s also the biggest opening day for a Ridley Scott film ever in the UK. “We have had a superb start with Prometheus opening a clear No. 1 grossing £2.2m ($3.39M). This includes an estimated £200k ($306K) from special midnight screenings on Thursday.” A high 76% is from 3D, which includes 6.74% from IMAX.

2.5 million £ for Avengers opening day apparently, so it is big!

The 3 biggest openings in UK of all time:

1) STAR WARS III: REVENGE OF THE SITH - May 19, 2005: £3,509,547.

2) HARRY POTTER AND ORDER OF THE PHOENIX - July 12, 2007: £3,486,348.

3) AVENGERS ASSEMBLE - April 26, 2011: £2,547,617

So Prometheus is fourth!

Yes, but those are non-holiday non-Friday Top opening days. Prometheus is a Friday day opening, so its way back, not Top 5 or 10. Edited by Shantal