Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

2 hours ago, boxofficenerd said:

Bumblebee is getting hardly any showings at my local, compared to Poppins and Aquaman. Look at a few other locals and its the same, Paramount are just trying to milk it out with previews before Poppins releases. Not gonna do good business here.

Bumblebee's previews were weak last weekend so not too surprising. 

2 hours ago, Jonwo said:

Bumblebee's previews were weak last weekend so not too surprising. 

I wouldn’t judge a film based on the previews. Not saying either are going to suddenly pick up in business, but I noticed with both Spider-Verse and Bumblebee that Sony and Paramount seemed reluctant to push the preview dates. I’d imagine a lot of people who are interested in those two films were completely unaware of the preview showings considering how they barely pushed those dates at all in the marketing.

6 hours ago, SnokesLegs said:

I wouldn’t judge a film based on the previews. Not saying either are going to suddenly pick up in business, but I noticed with both Spider-Verse and Bumblebee that Sony and Paramount seemed reluctant to push the preview dates. I’d imagine a lot of people who are interested in those two films were completely unaware of the preview showings considering how they barely pushed those dates at all in the marketing.

Oddly Paramount advertised the previews from last weekend but not the ones that happened today.

The proportion of Poppins showings at my local cinema is monopolistic enough that I'm actually feeling antagonistic to the movie and may well not go.

There are literally two showings of Aquaman today. Bumblebee is not showing. Poppins is on 16 times. That's how bad it is.

For a movie that hasn't got a Star Wars-esque recent history to justify such screen dominance it makes me feel very uncomfortable. I don't remember Infinity War or Incredibles 2 even being this bad. 

1 hour ago, Ipickthiswhiterose said:

The proportion of Poppins showings at my local cinema is monopolistic enough that I'm actually feeling antagonistic to the movie and may well not go.

There are literally two showings of Aquaman today. Bumblebee is not showing. Poppins is on 16 times. That's how bad it is.

For a movie that hasn't got a Star Wars-esque recent history to justify such screen dominance it makes me feel very uncomfortable. I don't remember Infinity War or Incredibles 2 even being this bad. 

Mine is a bit more fair we do have like 16 MP showings but we still got Bumblebee, Aquaman doing 4 shows , even harry potter doing like 4 shows 😜 

Edited by Wotad

My local actually is decent in size so it can get some decent screens in for everyone

Poppins has 16 (20 including IMAX)

Aquaman has 7/8 

Spider-Verse has 3/4

Mortal Engines has 1 (Looks like it wont be in cinemas chrsitmas eve anymore)

Ralph 2 has 5/6

Fantastic Beasts has 3/4

Bumblebee has 4/5

Grinch has 6

I do feel they're going stupidly high with Poppins and actually taking away the IMAX screens from Aquaman.

49 minutes ago, boxofficenerd said:

My local actually is decent in size so it can get some decent screens in for everyone

Poppins has 16 (20 including IMAX)

Aquaman has 7/8 

Spider-Verse has 3/4

Mortal Engines has 1 (Looks like it wont be in cinemas chrsitmas eve anymore)

Ralph 2 has 5/6

Fantastic Beasts has 3/4

Bumblebee has 4/5

Grinch has 6

I do feel they're going stupidly high with Poppins and actually taking away the IMAX screens from Aquaman.

Any chance cinemas regret this soon and give screens to AQ?

3 hours ago, Ipickthiswhiterose said:

Poppins is the Star Wars of the UK.

Just now, boxofficenerd said:

Nah I dont see it, its even more sad for Bumblebee it aint gonna well at all. Its just silly giving IMAX and 4DX to Poppins tho imo, they should cut down on that (I've been searching for screens and the majority of the near full screens are 2D, the IMAX/4DX screens are near empty). 

At least Bumblebee is sneaking in to 4D and IMAX on the 28th, but Aquaman has been shafted after a week.