Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

CW Crawley finally picking up and going a bit cray cray.

14/15 screens are being used for midnights / doubles. 8 are currently sold out, and the others are very near to being.

35 showings on Thursday, 5 complete sellouts

37 showings on Friday, 10 complete sellouts

37 showings on Saturday, 6 complete sellouts

Unless walkups are huge for Thursday, I'd expect Friday to be bigger than Thursday (not including midnights), then probably Saturday to be bigger than that, then Sunday a bit smaller. Needless to say, this is just finally starting to feel like TFA, though that still had crazier sellouts, we know MCU is known for its walkups.

58 minutes ago, Stewart said:

Needless to say, this is just finally starting to feel like TFA, though that still had crazier sellouts, we know MCU is known for its walkups.

Opening weekend is going to be bigger, but I doubt EG will have the legs of TFA. At the moment it seems to get quieter from Monday onwards, whereas I remember IMAX TFA selling out evening showings for 3-4 weeks near me. WOM could change that, but I don’t think it’ll reach those heights.

Sheffield update:

CW Sheffield now has 18 screens showing it at midnight, all sold out (or near enough). They only have two more screens available, one of which is one of those awful Screen X screens that they won’t be able to use for Avengers as it’s seemingly not available in the format, I’d imagine they’ll open the last screen later for any walk ups. The lobby there will be an absolute war zone tonight, I feel sorry for the poor souls working on the concessions stand!

Curzon has now sold out its last screen too.

Edited by SnokesLegs

6 minutes ago, SnokesLegs said:

Opening weekend is going to be bigger, but I doubt EG will have the legs of TFA. At the moment it seems to get quieter from Monday onwards, whereas I remember IMAX TFA selling out evening showings for 3-4 weeks near me. WOM could change that, but I don’t think it’ll reach those heights.

Well of course, I thought that was obvious I was only talking OW. My bad. The legs of TFA here were as insane as USA, literally had like 10 Saturday's in a row

3 minutes ago, Stewart said:

Well of course, I thought that was obvious I was only talking OW. My bad. The legs of TFA here were as insane as USA, literally had like 10 Saturday's in a row

No need for the my bad mate, I was just chiming in with how it compares around my area :) 

1 minute ago, SnokesLegs said:

No need for the my bad mate, I was just chiming in with how it compares around my area :) 

Oh okay, cool. :)

I've been keeping an eye on CW Sheffield but it has way too many showings :P 

That's why I watch CW Crawley, not only because it's my home theatre, but because there's no Odeon or Cineworld within half hour drive, so if you want to watch anything within the area, you go to CW Crawley. And it always goes batshit crazy for Star Wars and MCU

• Like 1

Surely this is topping £5m midnights with all these sellouts. I can’t see this not breaking OD record either. I’m in Thailand right now so I haven’t been keeping track much recently but hoping for £35m+ over the 4 day. From the sounds of it, seems more likely than not. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Heretic said:

Surely this is topping £5m midnights with all these sellouts. I can’t see this not breaking OD record either. I’m in Thailand right now so I haven’t been keeping track much recently but hoping for £35m+ over the 4 day. From the sounds of it, seems more likely than not. 

Happy holiday !

• Like 1

7 hours ago, SnokesLegs said:

Sheffield update:

CW Sheffield now has 18 screens showing it at midnight, all sold out (or near enough). They only have two more screens available, one of which is one of those awful Screen X screens that they won’t be able to use for Avengers as it’s seemingly not available in the format, I’d imagine they’ll open the last screen later for any walk ups. The lobby there will be an absolute war zone tonight, I feel sorry for the poor souls working on the concessions stand!

Curzon has now sold out its last screen too.

The Force Awaken came out in December so the weekdays are basically a Saturday every day and it managed to keep all the premium formats for a good month which Endgame doesn't have due to heavier competition in May, Endgame does have a Bank Holiday coming up which will help its second weekend. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cdsacken said:

As if 5 pm yesterday presales were 1.26million tickets,

£13,150,171 already before it opened 

That can’t be right is it? because as of Monday 15th April, almost two weeks ago, it had apparently sold 1.19 million tickets? 

Unless that initial number was wrong 

1 minute ago, Krissykins said:

That can’t be right is it? because as of Monday 15th April, almost two weeks ago, it had apparently sold 1.19 million tickets? 

Unless that initial number was wrong 

Yeah obviously could be wrong that's the problem the UK reporting is god awful for presales. Nothing on midnights yet. It popped early but presales slowed to a crawl after the first couple days. 

Edited by cdsacken

Spoiler post is deleted on main Avengers End Game thread from page 573. However several viewed (I missed it by 5 seconds). Be advised if you are truly concerned about spoilers I'm not sure any thread is safe from trolls so be careful.

• Thanks 1