Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

Just now, SchumacherFTW said:

Anyone else going to Knives Out tonight? Must be doing well, there's 2 screens here at the O2. 

Yep! Looking forward to it. 

Was half full when I booked earlier, but generally Odeon Coventry is a quieter theater. 

Sidenote: It would help if I didn't still have Into the Unknown stuck in my head all damn day :rolleyes:

6 minutes ago, Bart Allen said:

How much did Joker make this weekend? According to Screen Daily?

After a record-breaking six-week run in first place, Joker suffered its biggest percentage drop so far, falling 50% in taking £505,000. However, it has still broken into the top 25 titles of all time in the UK, currently holding 23rd place with £57.1m.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MrGlass2 said:

After a record-breaking six-week run in first place, Joker suffered its biggest percentage drop so far, falling 50% in taking £505,000. However, it has still broken into the top 25 titles of all time in the UK, currently holding 23rd place with £57.1m.

The third highest comic-book film of all time- it's become the highest DC movie of all time in the UK, whilst also surpassing 21 of 23 MCU films (including The Avengers and Avengers: Age of Ultron)

1. Avengers: Endgame £88.4 million

2. Avengers: Infinity War £70.8 million

3. Joker £57.1 million

4. The Dark Knight Rises £56.3 million

5. The Avengers £51.9

6. Black Panther £50.6 million

But how far can it go? Even with an awards expansion, and undoubtedly with the BAFTA awards next year?

Edited by Bart Allen
  • Thanks 1

Knives out opened with $3.8m. Lower than I initially thought. It performed very well in my local cinemas, maybe it wasn’t on the same level throughout the country. Nevertheless, a solid opening and it should have good legs.

Edited by Heretic
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Heretic said:

Knives out opened with $3.8m. Lower than I initially thought. It performed very well in my local cinemas, maybe it wasn’t on the same level throughout the country. Nevertheless, a solid opening and it should have good legs.

Considering everything else in cinemas atm I'd call this a win, I couldn't get a seat when I went to Stratford Vue on Friday. Definitely going to be a WOM kind of hit. 

Edited by SchumacherFTW

30 minutes ago, Heretic said:

Yeh that’s a strong start. It’ll be a big midweek player.