Jump to content
Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

Recommended Posts

31 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Demon Slayer is selling really well in Odeon. I checked 5 random screens + BFI IMAX. They all are 70% or so, unless I am reading it wrong. £1M weekend should be done easily.

It seems to be doing well for the mid week shows starting tomorrow, but it loses a good chunk of its PLF shows come the weekend. But yeah, £1m definitely seems doable, will definitely be the biggest modern anime. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Dates should read 17th May instead of 21st. 7 day totals. 
 

So glad we’re back. Peter Rabbit and Cruella have no family competition until July too. 
 

Hoping both The Conjuring 3 and A Quiet Place 2 can do well. Solid starts for Spiral and The Unholy but I noticed The Unholy finishes at a lot of cinemas on Thursday. 

I'm not complaining if the Unholy has a big screen drop, that was weak haha

Link to post
Share on other sites

So good to see the box office numbers back in full swing. Cruella looks to be posting big numbers this weekend based on pre-sales. Conjuring too. 
 

Haven’t been back to the cinema yet but can’t wait to catch A Quiet Place 2 on the big screen! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, charlie Jatinder said:

UK Box office reporting. 😐

 

I think Screendaily report FSS numbers too. Almost all other films other than PR did half of their business in FSS while PR 2 did 80%.

Yeh, the UK always report it as weekend grosses unfortunately, that’s why we have such big second weekend drops lol.
 

I just thought the dates were release dates, which would be the 17th, instead of the Friday date. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Krissykins said:

Dates should read 17th May instead of 21st. 7 day totals. 

Ah, the old Spectre trick! I thought those numbers were a bit too good to be true for the three day.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Cineworld definitely botching the Demon Slayer release at my local cinema. No standard 2D shows for the subtitled version, and no extra screens being added when the evening shows are sold out today and tomorrow, and Friday doesn't even have one. They're pissing money away here. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Krissykins said:

Ireland opens on the 7th of June. Not too sure about Wales yet. 
 

Seeing The Conjuring 3 tomorrow night, excited. 

I thought Wales was already open? 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, SchumacherFTW said:

I thought Wales was already open? 

Oh they might be, I just hadn’t seen  anything about it. That’s good news then. Everywhere should be open by mid June then apart from local outbreaks (Glasgow, Bradford etc). 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Was at Bluewater yesterday with a friend, evening shows were packed for Cruella, Conjuring, Demon Slayer, Spiral and Peter Rabbit (?!). Just looked at my local cineworld as well, when A Quiet Place opens next weekend, they're bringing back the post 9pm shows for the first time in over a year as well. Trying to keep expectations in check, but it looks pretty good right now for the summer. 

Edited by SchumacherFTW
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, SchumacherFTW said:

Was at Bluewater yesterday with a friend, evening shows were packed for Cruella, Conjuring, Demon Slayer, Spiral and Peter Rabbit (?!). Just looked at my local cineworld as well, when A Quiet Place opens next weekend, they're bringing back the post 9pm shows for the first time in over a year as well. Trying to keep expectations in check, but it looks pretty good right now for the summer. 


Yeh when I got out of the Conjuring at 22.10 people were going in to another showing. Cinema was busy. 

Edited by Krissykins
Link to post
Share on other sites

Good start for The Conjuring 3 and obviously great numbers for Peter Rabbit. 
 

I’m surprised the sunny weather didn’t seem to impact too much. 
 

That’s surprising for Cruella, Peter Rabbit still the #1 choice for families. I’m sure it’ll hang around though. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

The Conjuring could benefit this coming weekend from A Quiet Place 2 sell outs due to the capacity rules. 
 

Glasgow reopens on Saturday and both films have already sold out every Saturday and Sunday showing: 37 in total. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

A Quiet Place II was great. Cinema was busy as the weather hasn’t been as good as last weekend. 
 

I just noticed Cruella and Peter Rabbit have no direct family competition until July 16th.

 

and then… Space Jam, Croods 2, Hotel Transylvania, Spirit and Jungle Cruise all open within 13 days of each other, yikes. 
 

You’d think the family films would be coming out during the Euros? Not after. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Krissykins said:

A Quiet Place II was great. Cinema was busy as the weather hasn’t been as good as last weekend. 
 

I just noticed Cruella and Peter Rabbit have no direct family competition until July 16th.

 

and then… Space Jam, Croods 2, Hotel Transylvania, Spirit and Jungle Cruise all open within 13 days of each other, yikes. 
 

You’d think the family films would be coming out during the Euros? Not after. 

It honestly still baffles me that studios think that every single person in the UK is obsessed with football and can’t find the time for anything else for a month whenever the Euro’s or World Cup comes around. There’s definitely an audience out there who they could cater to with counter programming. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SnokesLegs said:

It honestly still baffles me that studios think that every single person in the UK is obsessed with football and can’t find the time for anything else for a month whenever the Euro’s or World Cup comes around. There’s definitely an audience out there who they could cater to with counter programming. 

100%. They usually move the male driven films away (see Fallen Kingdom being brought forward a few years ago). 
 

Fast 9 opens right in the middle of it, strangely. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

100%. They usually move the male driven films away (see Fallen Kingdom being brought forward a few years ago). 
 

Fast 9 opens right in the middle of it, strangely. 

I’m not particularly a fan of the newer Fast & Furious films, but I hope Fast 9 does well purely so that it shows there’s potential to open a film to good numbers during a football competition. Maybe then we won’t get the usual month long drought catering purely to football fans in the years to come.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

it is crazy one of the family films doesn't move up. Croods 2 would have been the obvious one with it being out elsewhere for so long, but maybe they didn't want to compete with F&F with both being Universal

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Guidelines. Feel free to read our Privacy Policy as well.