Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

2 hours ago, charlie Jatinder said:

yeah, though shortest format is 3 hours which is quite okay IMO. hopefully T20 boom get cricket to more nations.

We'll see how The Hundred goes in the summer, I'm going to one of the matches in London for my first cricket experience next month. At least I hope I still am haha. 

1. A Quiet Place 2 £1.3m £6.4m

2. Peter Rabbit £798k £13.9m -60%

3. Cruella £733k £5.9m -43%

4. Conjuring 3 £664k £6.8m -36%

5. Nobody £574k

6. The Father £395k

7. Godzilla vs Kong £112k £2.5m -30%

Great hold for The Conjuring 3. I’m a bit surprised The Father opened so low. Weather has been great all weekend. Maybe it’ll be more of a midweek player anyway. 

This weekend‘s new releases: 

Hitman’s Wife’s Bodyguard (14th - 7 day opening)

In The Heights

In The Earth

Monster Hunter

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Krissykins said:

The Father opened so low. Weather has been great all weekend. Maybe it’ll be more of a midweek player anyway. 

It was given minimal showings at my local Odeon (it's down to one showing a day by next week), such a fantastic film though, I'm so happy I got to experience it. 

I also don't know if the older crowd have returned to cinemas yet.

13 hours ago, FilmFincher said:

It was given minimal showings at my local Odeon (it's down to one showing a day by next week), such a fantastic film though, I'm so happy I got to experience it. 

I also don't know if the older crowd have returned to cinemas yet.

Good point, I’m sure a lot of them are still waiting on second dose. Although, Nomadland made £1.8m despite being available for free at home.

On 6/15/2021 at 4:22 PM, Krissykins said:

I’m a bit surprised The Father opened so low. Weather has been great all weekend. Maybe it’ll be more of a midweek player anyway. 

“#TheFatherMovie had a particularly strong midweek performance this week, grossing £420k on Mon-Thurs - 17% more than it's Fri-Sun total of £359k.”

I had a feeling this would happen. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Krissykins said:

“#TheFatherMovie had a particularly strong midweek performance this week, grossing £420k on Mon-Thurs - 17% more than it's Fri-Sun total of £359k.”

I had a feeling this would happen. 

It’s a shame that the younger weekend crowd aren’t embracing it, it’s genuinely fantastic and really makes you understand the horrific toll that dementia can take on someone. This and Sound of Metal are two of the most empathetic films I’ve seen in a very long time.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SnokesLegs said:

It’s a shame that the younger weekend crowd aren’t embracing it, it’s genuinely fantastic and really makes you understand the horrific toll that dementia can take on someone. This and Sound of Metal are two of the most empathetic films I’ve seen in a very long time.

It doesn't sound like something a young person would enjoy paying to see. Especially as many young people know the effects of dementia first hand from older relatives. Atleast in my group of friends

On 6/18/2021 at 11:42 PM, Chicago said:

It doesn't sound like something a young person would enjoy paying to see. Especially as many young people know the effects of dementia first hand from older relatives. Atleast in my group of friends

I know for me, The Father is the scariest movie I've seen in years. I've seen family disappear through dementia, and the idea of that happening to anyone I know is horrific. 

Hitman's Wife's Bodyguard actually had a seven day opening, it was third behind Peter Rabbit 2 and ITH for the actual opening weekend. 

Considering ITH isn't as well known compared to Hamilton, I think WB will be fine with the opening but I expect it'll lose a good chunk of screens due to Fast 9. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Jonwo said:

Hitman's Wife's Bodyguard actually had a seven day opening, it was third behind Peter Rabbit 2 and ITH for the actual opening weekend. 

Considering ITH isn't as well known compared to Hamilton, I think WB will be fine with the opening but I expect it'll lose a good chunk of screens due to Fast 9. 

In the UK we count the full openings. Only Screen Daily doesn’t, for some reason. 

(see James Bond’s 7 day opening, the first to do it.)

10 hours ago, Krissykins said:

In the UK we count the full openings. Only Screen Daily doesn’t, for some reason. 

(see James Bond’s 7 day opening, the first to do it.)

I think opening is for 3 days only just like USA, just that since there is little daily BO reporting in public, people just take the reported number. BFI does provide FSS numbers though.

The UK have surpassed 100m digital downloads. The biggest selling is The Greatest Showman and still the only to pass the 1m sales landmark with its 1.1m total digital sales. It was also the first to break 500k. 

1 THE GREATEST SHOWMAN

2 BOHEMIAN RHAPSODY

3 AVENGERS - ENDGAME

4 AVENGERS - INFINITY WAR

5 MOANA

6 FROZEN 2

7 TROLLS

8 JURASSIC WORLD - FALLEN KINGDOM

9 STAR WARS VII - THE FORCE AWAKENS

10 THE GRINCH (2000)

https://www.officialcharts.com/chart-news/greatest-showman-confirmed-as-the-uks-most-downloaded-movie-of-all-time-first-to-pass-1-million-digital-sales__33421/

• Like 1