Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

9 hours ago, charlie Jatinder said:

I think opening is for 3 days only just like USA, just that since there is little daily BO reporting in public, people just take the reported number. BFI does provide FSS numbers though.

Even back in 2001-02 they still snuck previews into the reported weekend gross. I agree it’s fairer to do Fri-Sun. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, charlie Jatinder said:

I think opening is for 3 days only just like USA, just that since there is little daily BO reporting in public, people just take the reported number. BFI does provide FSS numbers though.

In the first week, you can never trust the number to be an opening weekend only number. For example, when theaters reopened on May 17th, the following weekends Box office was a 7 day total for everything other than Godzilla vs Kong as that had been playing in drive ins. 

2 minutes ago, SchumacherFTW said:

In the first week, you can never trust the number to be an opening weekend only number. For example, when theaters reopened on May 17th, the following weekends Box office was a 7 day total for everything other than Godzilla vs Kong as that had been playing in drive ins. 

I am not sure if this is in common knowledge, so just gonna put it here.

In BFI weekend update, they put the gross before FSS as previews. e.g. Spectre opening weekend.

https://www2.bfi.org.uk/sites/bfi.org.uk/files/downloads/bfi-weekend-box-office-report-30-october-1-november-2015.xls

Spectre opened £41,299,090 which included £21,321,626 before FSS.

1. Fast 9 £6,000,000

2. Peter Rabbit 2 £826k £16.4m -26%
3. In The Heights £682k £2.4m -36%
4. Quiet Place 2 £593k £9.6m -42%
5. Cruella £463k £7.8m -37%
6. Hitman’s Wife £446k £2.6m -57%
7. Conjuring 3 £295k £8.4m

8. Supernova £244k

9. The Father £133k £1.6m -63%
10. Dogtanian £212k (from 480 locations, a  per site average of two hundred and thirty eight pounds lol)

Totals:

Nobody £1.2m -71% 

Raya £700k

Godzilla Vs Kong £2.6m

Monster Hunter £235k -86% 

In the Earth £129k -60%

Openers this Friday: Freaky (300+), Another Round (25+), French Exit (100+). Voyagers (not sure if this has been pulled?)

Black Widow opens on the 7th of July and has no new competition until the 16th. 

Edited by Krissykins

6 minutes ago, Utente said:

Is the box office in uk recovering well? These numbers seem quite good

It really is! Conjuring is coming within ~ £1m of its predecessors. 

Capacity restrictions are still in full force though. For example: in Scotland, every second row is blocked off and 6 empty seats are required around each household booking (3 empty at each side). So these numbers are great. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, SnokesLegs said:

That one hurts. It deserves so much more.

I can’t see Freaky making much of an impact unfortunately, it’s a fun film but it feels like everyone who wants to see it saw it months ago.

Completely understandable given there is blue ray downloads available 

The 36% drop for ITH is actually better than how it fared in the US but I wonder if the fact it's only in cinemas and not on a streaming service as well has helped plus the fact that UK audiences really like musicals.