Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

Luca isn't being released in the UK - it went to disney+

my cinema has had our busiest 2 days since before the pandemic (although still only about 50% of normal pre-covid business). we've got 1 seat distancing and we sold out all shows of Jungle cruise today and both shows of suicide squad. black widow also sold out it's only show. spirit sold out 1 show but had space in the other. space jam was quiet and croods was good although not quite full. old sold out again tonight.

• Like 4

My Odeon screening of The Suicide Squad has no social distancing, thankfully we weren't sitting next to anyone anyway, but the show was 60/65% sold. I think it's going to come close to the £4.8M it needs to pass F9's gross without previews. Not seen Jungle Cruise yet probably going in the week for that. Good to see more people at the cinema though!

• Like 1

Currently for the day, Spirit has sold 64 seats out of 226 or 28.3%, The Suicide Squad has sold 325 out of 1,781 or 18..2% and Jungle Cruise has sold 264 out of 1,440 or 18.3%.

This obviously taken early in the day around 10.30am, there will of course be many walk ups but looking like a really strong weekend. The cinema I checked was one in a major city so there is that to take into consideration. It's an Odeon so there is no social distancing too so all seats can be sold.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, PhilipJ2001 said:

seen some early figures which i'm extrapolating but think it will be suicide squad in #1 with just over £3m, and jungle cruise #2 with around £2.2m

as i say i am extrapolating the data so will be interested to see how close i get.

There is so little box office data around UK, I will take every extrapolating I get to see.

37 minutes ago, PhilipJ2001 said:

seen some early figures which i'm extrapolating but think it will be suicide squad in #1 with just over £3m, and jungle cruise #2 with around £2.2m

as i say i am extrapolating the data so will be interested to see how close i get.

What would that come to in terms of  US$ 

Edited by Liiviig 1998

3 hours ago, PhilipJ2001 said:

Just now, Mike Hunt said:

$3.2M for Jungle Cruise according to Box Office Report or £2.3M

Well done on Jungle Cruise @PhilipJ2001

If the number hold, then Biggest Openings of 2021 are -

1. F9 - £4,836,773 / 594 sites
2. Black Widow - £4,639,095 / 644 sites
3. Peter Rabbit 2 - £3,808,508 / 496 sites

4. The Suicide Squad - £3,380,000

5. Jungle Cruise - £2,300,000

6. A Quiet Place: Part II - £2,250,535 / 561 sites

Edit - This is of course without previews which I always think is the most fair way to compare movie openings :)

Edited by Mike Hunt
  • Like 3

That’s great for The Suicide Squad, wonder what the Friday was. Easily #1 too, despite the onslaught of family films and schools being off. 

F9 and Black Widow are rated 12, Peter Rabbit a PG. The Suicide Squad and A Quiet Place 2 are 15. 

Edited by Krissykins

3 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

That’s great for The Suicide Squad, wonder what the Friday was. Easily #1 too, despite the onslaught of family films and schools being off. 

F9 and Black Widow are rated 12, Peter Rabbit a PG. The Suicide Squad and A Quiet Place 2 are 15. 

I'm curious to see numbers for Spirit Untamed, maybe just under £700-900K? I really can't place it!

2 minutes ago, Mike Hunt said:

I'm curious to see numbers for Spirit Untamed, maybe just under £700-900K? I really can't place it!

Hard to place, I seen absolutely nothing for it. Not a social media post, tv spot, outdoor ads, nothing. And so much family competition too with Jungle Cruise, Space Jam, Croods 2, so I’d guess closer to £700k, if that! 

6 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Hard to place, I seen absolutely nothing for it. Not a social media post, tv spot, outdoor ads, nothing. And so much family competition too with Jungle Cruise, Space Jam, Croods 2, so I’d guess closer to £700k, if that! 

I saw a trailer when I went to see Space Jam 2 that's all I saw. But yeah family market is packed.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

How is WoM in general? Hope this got turn into great leg especially when virus is seemly dying out

7 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

How is WoM in general? Hope this got turn into great leg especially when virus is seemly dying out

WOM is great from what I can tell. But I’d guess it would’ve been frontloaded with fan rush since Friday was so packed.