Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

55 minutes ago, Chicago said:

28 days later is a hard watch today. It looks like it was made on a cam corder. One of the earlier scene with him in the church was frightening 

I haven’t seen it since the cinema, need to rewatch. I remember preferring the second film actually. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

I haven’t seen it since the cinema, need to rewatch. I remember preferring the second film actually. 

I haven't seen the 2nd since the cinema yet I remember really enjoying it. I just hate fast zombies, too stressful

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chicago said:

28 days later is a hard watch today. It looks like it was made on a cam corder. One of the earlier scene with him in the church was frightening 

It actually was filmed on video, only the final scene was shot on film. It was a stylistic choice to give it a gritty low fidelity look that mimics a camcorder recording. It does admittedly look terrible on Blu Ray though.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, SnokesLegs said:

It actually was filmed on video, only the final scene was shot on film. It was a stylistic choice to give it a gritty low fidelity look that mimics a camcorder recording. It does admittedly look terrible on Blu Ray though.

Imagine how awful it would look on 4K

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, SnokesLegs said:

I never knew that. I guess I've become accustomed to high resolution that it was a shock

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, SchumacherFTW said:

I'd struggle to watch it at home haha. I genuinely can't stomach watching DVDs on my 4K TV, I have to watch them on my PC or PS4 that's hooked up to a 1080p monitor

How about an upscaling 4K player? I have a Sony one and it upscales. But to be honest, most stuff has been put out on Blu-ray or is streaming somewhere in HD. I think the last DVD I watched was a concert that hasn’t been available on anything else. 

Randomly, 28 Days Later is streaming here in the UK on Disney+😂 and it says “HD”. So is the sequel. 

Edited by Krissykins

7 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

How about an upscaling 4K player? I have a Sony one and it upscales. But to be honest, most stuff has been put out on Blu-ray or is streaming somewhere in HD. I think the last DVD I watched was a concert that hasn’t been available on anything else. 

Randomly, 28 Days Later is streaming here in the UK on Disney+😂 and it says “HD”. So is the sequel. 

I find that 4K upscaling can only do so much, it works okay for Blu Rays, but DVD’s still look like someone smeared Vaseline over the screen. The image is still natively around 540p (or 480p in the US), so stretching that to 4K isn’t really ideal at all. I’m a bit of a resolution snob 😂

1 minute ago, SnokesLegs said:

I find that 4K upscaling can only do so much, it works okay for Blu Rays, but DVD’s still look like someone smeared Vaseline over the screen. The image is still natively around 540p (or 480p in the US), so stretching that to 4K isn’t really ideal at all. I’m a bit of a resolution snob 😂

Yeh it doesn’t upscale DVD’s to 4K lol, they can look a bit cleaner though. 

I have all the right stuff, the TV, PS5, 4K player etc but I’m not really that into resolutions. I’m sure they’ll announce 8K soon and I’ll struggle to see a notable difference lol

I still don't even have a 4k TV. Spent £2200 on a 3D TV back in 2012 and couldn't justify buying another so soon. I know as soon as I get a 4k screen, 8k will start becoming cheaper. I sometimes just go to my local Currys and stare at all the ridiculously priced TV's I can't afford, those 8k's look amazing

4 minutes ago, SchumacherFTW said:

8K is where I draw the line, I sometimes struggle to see the difference between a 4K and regular bluray disk. Plus there's no 8k content outside of gaming

That's the thing, gaming is what I would use it for most. Then again a monitor would be cheaper. If I had a spare room big enough I'd love a projector for films 

9 minutes ago, SchumacherFTW said:

After seeing Censor, pretty glad it did so badly last weekend, that was dire. 

It really makes me wonder if Kermode and all those other critics turned it off/walked out at the 50 minute mark. I’ve honestly not seen a film tank itself that badly in years. Without going into spoilers, the last shot feels like something out of a bad student film where they think they’re being “deep” and clever.

10 hours ago, SnokesLegs said:

It really makes me wonder if Kermode and all those other critics turned it off/walked out at the 50 minute mark. I’ve honestly not seen a film tank itself that badly in years. Without going into spoilers, the last shot feels like something out of a bad student film where they think they’re being “deep” and clever.

It feels like it switched director and writer towards the end lol. 

Candyman looking busy tonight! 

28 minutes ago, SchumacherFTW said:

Not looking too busy over here. The shows in the biggest screen are really weak actually, think they got the timings wrong tbh

Has 7 showings here, 4 on Superscreen and 3 normal, the normal is selling better so far. Local odeon has two iSense at almost sell outs. 

Hoping for £1m+ 

Edited by Krissykins

3 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Has 7 showings here, 4 on Superscreen and 3 normal, the normal is selling better so far. Local odeon has two iSense at almost sell outs. 

Hoping for £1m+ 

8 shows here tonight, all regular 2D. Best seller is the 8pm show and that's only about 30% full

Going to be really tight between it and Free Guy here tonight

Edited by SchumacherFTW

9 minutes ago, SchumacherFTW said:

8 shows here tonight, all regular 2D. Best seller is the 8pm show and that's only about 30% full

Going to be really tight between it and Free Guy here tonight

I think Free Guy will win the weekend based on its hold last week and the amount of showtimes it’s kept. Guessing £1.5m Free Guy, £1m Candyman.