Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

25 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

A local Indian comedy Chal Mera Putt 3 is supposed to release this weekend and films in franchise did well in UK but I guess Bond means there will not be proper showings. 

My other local is showing that film 3 times per day from Friday. But the bigger Cineworld isn’t showing it at all. 

16 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

My other local is showing that film 3 times per day from Friday. But the bigger Cineworld isn’t showing it at all. 

And yet the Cineworld in Feltham has it on 3 screens. It's concentrated in to very specific areas, even by Indian standards 

Edited by SchumacherFTW

6 minutes ago, SchumacherFTW said:

And yet the Cineworld in Feltham has it on 3 screens. It's concentrated in to very specific areas

Yeah basically where the NRIs live. The previous film was released weekend before lockdown in March 2020, it was re-released last month, is now 2nd biggest Punjabi film in UK with 600K GBP.

On paper these are UK production, probably because of some subsidy and since Indian films are banned in Pakistan, being UK production it may get release.

The films are about Indo-Pak expats in UK.

5 hours ago, charlie Jatinder said:

https://www.reuters.com/lifestyle/bond-film-set-biggest-opening-odeon-since-summer-2019-2021-09-27/

Odeon - 175K tickets

1/3rd tickets by people over 46.

Edit 1: Searching Google, TFA had 500K sales in Odeon & 350k in Vue at same time.

Trying to find others.

Hopefully we will get Vue data today @Menor

Edit 2: Not exact comparable data but

Endgame

April 5 - 435K
April 11 - 865K
April 25 - 2,148,092

These are Applaudience scrapped numbers for top 10 chains.

Supposedly that 500K was double Spectre, though not sure how precise the number is. 

5 minutes ago, Menor said:

Supposedly that 500K was double Spectre, though not sure how precise the number is. 

Spectre release make pre-sales comp bit ehh because firs 4 days were weekdays. 

Reading few TFA pre-sales article, TFA beat records of HPDH2 and Fifty Shades of Grey, so Spectre pre-sales weren't record probably.

Looking very busy tonight for Bond, although not quite on the same level as Spectre or Skyfall. Maybe £3-4m OD? 

I expect it’ll have a bigger Friday than OD, and Saturday will increase again to be the biggest day with quite a small drop Sunday.

• Like 1

Just now, Heretic said:

Looking very busy tonight for Bond, although not quite on the same level as Spectre or Skyfall. Maybe £3-4m OD? 

I expect it’ll have a bigger Friday than OD, and Saturday will increase again to be the biggest day with quite a small drop Sunday.

Friday here is looking a lot busier than tonight. Even so, the area around here is absolutely packed. My friends are going to struggle to park

1 hour ago, SchumacherFTW said:

Friday here is looking a lot busier than tonight. Even so, the area around here is absolutely packed. My friends are going to struggle to park

Yeah Friday is looking packed. I’m watching it tomorrow night at Vue Westfield Xtreme screen, should be a good experience!