Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

15 minutes ago, wildphantom said:

a decent £2 million start for Addams Family 2. Only 100k behind the opening of the first movie. 
Might have a nice little run with half term arriving next week. 

There's a fair bit of competition with Ron's Gone Wrong and Boss Baby 2 but I'm sure families won't mind having more than one family film to choose from. 

Well, it definitely seems like Halloween Kills is getting screwed over in the UK. At my local Cineworld, it’s in the small/mid size screens and only has one more showing per day than Candyman is currently still getting. At The Light it’s got two showings per day in one of their smallest screens…

I know it’s up against Bond and Venom, but you’d have thought it’d have at least got one of the bigger screens on a Friday/Saturday night.

Just now, SnokesLegs said:

Well, it definitely seems like Halloween Kills is getting screwed over in the UK. At my local Cineworld, it’s in the small/mid size screens and only has one more showing per day than Candyman is currently still getting. At The Light it’s got two showings per day in one of their smallest screens…

I know it’s up against Bond and Venom, but you’d have thought it’d have at least got one of the bigger screens on a Friday/Saturday night.

Yeah it's on a screen and a half here.

Last Duel has a full screen, Ron Goes Wrong has two screens until the evening. Bond looks like it still has about 6 for peak. The rest are venom

19 minutes ago, SchumacherFTW said:

Yeah it's on a screen and a half here.

Last Duel has a full screen, Ron Goes Wrong has two screens until the evening. Bond looks like it still has about 6 for peak. The rest are venom

It’s understandable, but really frustrating considering Sony putting Venom up against it has effectively bullied it into the smaller screens. HK will be lucky to make a fraction of what the 2018 film did at this rate.

3 hours ago, SnokesLegs said:

It really does seem to be getting screwed, so unfair. I managed to get tickets for a nice sized room, but still. 

Although not as screwed as at your cinemas. At my two locals it has 7 and 9 screenings on Friday. Candyman only has one showing left at one of the cinemas. 

Could it be that they haven’t fully updated their showtimes yet?

5 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

It really does seem to be getting screwed, so unfair. I managed to get tickets for a nice sized room, but still. 

Although not as screwed as at your cinemas. At my two locals it has 7 and 9 screenings on Friday. Candyman only has one showing left at one of the cinemas. 

Could it be that they haven’t fully updated their showtimes yet?

If it's Cineworld, pretty sure they're fully updated now. It goes down to single screens when Dune opens next Thursday. 

12 minutes ago, SchumacherFTW said:

If it's Cineworld, pretty sure they're fully updated now. It goes down to single screens when Dune opens next Thursday. 

That sucks! It’s keeping 7 showings at mine. I wonder if it’ll keep it’s showings or gain some more the weekend of the 29th. 

8 - 10 October 2021 - Screen Daily Numbers

1. No Time to Die - £15,200,000 (-27.6%) / £52,600,000 / Week 2
2. The Addams Family 2 - £2,000,000 / Week 1
3. Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings - £556,579 (-29%) / £20,500,000 / Week 6
4. The PAW Patrol Movie - £126,000 (-49.8%) / £8,300,000 / Week 9
5. The Many Saints of Newark - £125,000 (-47.3%) / £1,900,000 / Week 3
6. Free Guy - £108,567 (-59.8%) / £16,800,000 / Week 9

Candyman - £73,892 / £5,100,000
Deadly Cuts - £51,194 / 79 sites / Week 1
Respect - £41,828 / £2,100,000
The Croods 2: A New Age - £35,847 / £9,900,000
Boris Godunov - MET Opera 2021 - £29,679 / 81 sites / Week 1
Spirit Untamed - £28,458 / £3,400,000
Malignant - £24,000 / £1,450,000
Space Jam: A New Legacy - £20,000 / £12,860,000
Jungle Cruise - £19,024 / £12,500,000 (CLOSING OUT)
Cloudy Mountains - £8,286 (inc. previews) / Week 1
Romantic Road - £1,253 / 1 site / Week 1

• Like 1