Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

6 hours ago, Heretic said:

Bond still on track for at least £90m, and it has half term next week.

Good start for Venom, should have a similar run to the first, although I expected a bit more based on shows near me. 

Wonder if Dune will topple Bond. Pre-sales look strong, especially in IMAX/large format screens. £5m 4-day opening would be great, and think it should do very well over half term holidays. 

Dune will be number 1 at 100%.

37 minutes ago, wildphantom said:

Great start for Venom. 
Mind-boggling numbers for NTTD. That it’s likely heading for top five all-time after the 18 months we’ve had really does defy belief. 

It would be like a movie making $600-700 million in the US during these times. Remarkable. 

JB run here is like 1B++ in the US

18 hours ago, VENOM said:

Venom 2 did 8.3

The UK launched at $8.3M, 7% ahead of Venom and the second-best standard opening of the pandemic.

17 hours ago, Krissykins said:

Ah that original tweet must’ve had a typo then. 

7% ahead of Venom for the 3 day I assume, as Venom 1 burned off two full days worth of demand with a 5 day opening didn’t it? 

wait… you made me think I had the £6m number wrong 😂.

Venom 2 opened to £6.17m.

1. No Time To Die £8.4m £68.6m

2. Venom 2 £6.17m

3. Halloween Kills £1.6m

4. Addams Family 2 £1.4m £3.9m

5. Ron’s Gone Wrong £865k

The Last Duel £325k

I love this tidbit from the article of course:

“A 25th-anniversary re-release of Scream grossed £90,000 from a one-day special screening on Tuesday 12, reaching a £116,000 cume through the weekend with encore screenings, for Paramount.” 

Edited by Krissykins

10 minutes ago, SchumacherFTW said:

You don't have IMAX or Dolby at yours though right? That's where most sales are.

No Imax or Dolby, but the Glasgow IMAX shut down during lockdown. 

The SuperScreen and 4DX have certainly sold seats, but nothing near to selling out, even on opening day. 

ComScore just tweeted to say that Boss Baby 1 opened with £8m here, that’s crazy. Sequel in for a steep drop. Blade Runner 2049 opened to £6m, which again is surprisingly big (the same as Venom 2).