Jump to content
Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, Bruce said:

I remeber that £14.36m in its first run,set all-time record but be exceeded by Grease (£14.673m)in the following year

Yeah even I remember that 14.36M numbers and the weekly data of 17.04M looks unbelievable.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Krissykins said:

On a side note, while looking at these lists:
 

The Full Monty was the biggest film of all time in the UK at one point (before Titanic) and grossed £52.2m.
 

In 1997.
 

When tickets were £3.54.

 

With a 15 certificate. 

 

for a film about unemployed Dad’s who decide to strip.
 

What a cultural phenomenon. 

 

I remember it well.

 

Entire friendship groups and office groups - especially of women - were going multiple times as whole parties. 

 

Extremely similar dynamics to what happened with both Mamma Mias and Bohemian Rhapsody, but even more so.

 

Sort of like Black Panther in the US in terms of becoming driven by organised viewings by collective groups.

 

It's phenomenon was forgotten quickish since Titanic came along so soon after. That was a wild back-to-back for UK cinemas. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

If we considering all-time ranking for each James Bond 007 Series have done it in UK ,then will be

The Spy who loved me(2nd of all time after Jaws)

Moonraker(4th of all time)

For your eyes only(6th of all time)

Casino  Royale(6th of all time)

Skyfall(Biggest of all time)

Spectre(3rd Biggest of all time)

I can't find Goldfinger and Thunderball performance in UK,but I reckon they have an impressive performance in UK,for their incredible performance across the world

Edited by Bruce
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/22/2021 at 5:43 PM, wildphantom said:

Just got back. Dune was AMAZING. 

 

Blown away. 

 

It tried really heard to be epic. Didn't quite make it, but looking forward to second one.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Krissykins said:

£1.3m Friday for Dune, from Deadline. Cume £2.4m so far. 

£5m four days is looking very likely. 

 

2 hours ago, SchumacherFTW said:

Was looking crazy busy around Leicester Square cinemas today, regardless of the movie the industry is in excellent shape right now. Fingers crossed this continues. 

 

I've been to Central London a few times for various reasons and it's nice to see it busy again and I never thought I would ever say previously. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Ipickthiswhiterose said:

 

I remember it well.

 

Entire friendship groups and office groups - especially of women - were going multiple times as whole parties. 

 

Extremely similar dynamics to what happened with both Mamma Mias and Bohemian Rhapsody, but even more so.

 

Sort of like Black Panther in the US in terms of becoming driven by organised viewings by collective groups.

 

It's phenomenon was forgotten quickish since Titanic came along so soon after. That was a wild back-to-back for UK cinemas. 

I suppose to use a more recent equivalent would be The Inbetweeners Movie which did really strong business.

 

 

Edited by Jonwo
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mike Hunt said:

Dune brought in about £5.45M this weekend

That's a solid debut although not as high as Blade Runner 2049 which did £6.1m although TBF BR2049 didn't had a lot less competition. 

 

I think NTTD may have won Fri-Sun as Deadline reports it fell by 46%.

Edited by Jonwo
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Jonwo said:

That's a solid debut although not as high as Blade Runner 2049 which did £6.1m although TBF BR2049 didn't had a lot less competition. 

 

I think NTTD may have won Fri-Sun as Deadline reports it fell by 46%.

If NTTD fell by 46%, it means £4,53M FFS < £5,45M for Dune.

So NTTD didn't won this weekend or am I wrong ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, LPLC said:

If NTTD fell by 46%, it means £4,53M FFS < £5,45M for Dune.

So NTTD didn't won this weekend or am I wrong ?

Guessing Dune’s total includes the Thursday. It’ll be close, but NTTD made more across the weekend itself.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SnokesLegs said:

Guessing Dune’s total includes the Thursday. It’ll be close, but NTTD made more across the weekend itself.

 

NTTD's weekend should include THU as well since in many overseas markets the weekend goes from THU to SUN.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, SnokesLegs said:

Guessing Dune’s total includes the Thursday. It’ll be close, but NTTD made more across the weekend itself.

And Dune's Thursday was £983k, so it would be very very close. We will know which movie really won this weekend with the actuals coming tomorrow.

Link to post
Share on other sites

No Time to Die has passed £76M (The Lion King), on its way up the all time chart. Next up we have Titanic (£80.3M), Star Wars: The Last Jedi (£82.7M) and Avengers: Endgame (£88.7M)

 

 

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Guidelines. Feel free to read our Privacy Policy as well.