Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

5 hours ago, Heretic said:

Think Dune will have a very soft drop this weekend. Shows in large format screens are looking as packed as last weekend. Makes sense really given the limited capacity of IMAX/PLF screens and these being heavily favoured for Dune over standard screens. 

How about bond? is the run winding down or will it continue to have good holds. 

1 hour ago, keysersoze123 said:

How about bond? is the run winding down or will it continue to have good holds. 

It's lost all PLF screens minus screenx now, but it's keeping enough regular screens at a busy level to justify the space. Should have some decent holds for a while, there's only really 2 movies demanding screen space over the next month to affect it. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Issac Newton said:

Expecting £86M+ by Sun. Full Run seems like at £95M

Yes I'm agree, great week days thanks to half term holidays. Maybe £85M-£86M (#6 all time) by Sunday.

I hope NTTD will can overtake Avatar and Spectre but for now nothing is done yet.

Edited by LPLC

Ireland 22-24/10

Rank Title Locs WIR Weekend Total
1 Dune 76 1 €358,388 €422,536
2 No Time To Die 77 4 €316,659 €4,802,456
3 Venom: Let There Be Carnage 73 2 €191,835 €852,936
4 Addams Family 2, The 74 3 €139,284 €645,750
5 Boss Baby 2, The 74 1 €112,024 €112,024
6 Halloween Kills 69 2 €70,742 €309,363
7 French Dispatch, The 31 1 €53,349 €53,349
8 Ron's Gone Wrong 71 2 €42,992 €120,678
9 Deadly Cuts 33 3 €17,296 €174,954
10 Last Duel, The 41 2 €15,637 €71,413

Edited by charlie Jatinder

I had the pre-opening estimate at $30m for Dune but lowered it to $25m after the initial opening but looks like heading strong there. Looks like $30m total in play again!? (+Eternals unfortunately isn't going so well so might smoothen the 3rd weekend drop)

6 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

I will get Canada actuals, seems like UK may beat US for being top country for film.

I'm not agree, just the US could bring in $135M for NTTD, which would mean £98M in UK to beat the US, that sounds a bit tricky to me.

19 hours ago, Mike Hunt said:

https://www.bbfc.co.uk/release/the-wolf-of-wall-street-q29sbgvjdglvbjpwwc0zoti1otq

Wolf of Wall Street is rated 18 for 'very strong language...'

It works the way f**k works at 12A and 15 it seems. Any aggressive use of C**t is automatically an 18, if you use it too much it will also be an 18, I was just wondering what the number is where they'd slap an automatic 18 on it

Wolf of Wall Street has a lot more than just swearing to earn it an 18 rating.

Gone Girl was an 18 as well IIRC there's one scene in that film that earns it that rating but also a use of the C word towards the end of the film. 

15 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

Wolf of Wall Street has a lot more than just swearing to earn it an 18 rating.

Gone Girl was an 18 as well IIRC there's one scene in that film that earns it that rating but also a use of the C word towards the end of the film. 

Which is why there is an ellipsis after 'very strong language.' The short description gives you a very brief look at what gave it an 18 rating, The longer description describes the context for those things and also mentions issues that would be rated lower than the film's rating

13 minutes ago, PhilipJ2001 said:

sub 20% drop for Bond incoming by the looks of things. Dune also with a decent drop, maybe 30%.

Last Night in Soho #8 on friday just ahead of Halloween Kills

£3,5M weekend for NTTD ? £86M total ?

If £86M by sunday

50% drop = £90M by 7/11

£92,5M by 14/11

£94M by 21/11

£96M-£97M final just a little bit over Spectre and Avatar ?

Edited by LPLC