Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

37 minutes ago, SchumacherFTW said:

I'm good thanks, 3hrs of Chinese propaganda ain't happening for me, and I liked Wolf Warrior 2 and The Eight Hundred. 

Regarding the sell outs though, most of them are at a cinema where capacities per screen are 50 or less, while also being a 2 minute walk from Chinatown 

My dearest &amazing UK friends contribute another $100M to The Battle At Lake Changjin, at least, for the sake of recovery of $1000M club, contribute some from your pocket.

SchumacherFTW, I don't see any form of propaganda but sometimes (always) learning history from film is much better than boring lecture at University 😜 

22 minutes ago, Issac Newton said:

My dearest &amazing UK friends contribute another $100M to The Battle At Lake Changjin, at least, for the sake of recovery of $1000M club, contribute some from your pocket.

SchumacherFTW, I don't see any form of propaganda but sometimes (always) learning history from film is much better than boring lecture at University 😜 

Never learn history from movies, most of the time it's very tained, wrong, take with a lot of librity. Not to say everything or most is wrong just that if you take history from movies you might have a very scewed view of the world.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, pepsa said:

Never learn history from movies, most of the time it's very tained, wrong, take with a lot of librity. Not to say everything or most is wrong just that if you take history from movies you might have a very scewed view of the world.

Screw view = one angle view, I guess. I am aware of that. Just promoting the film, so that I can know some genuine reviews from my UK friends. (IMDb bombed with 1 star reviews) Nevermind, if you get a chance please do watch because release in my country isn't decided. 

1 hour ago, Issac Newton said:

Screw view = one angle view, I guess. I am aware of that. Just promoting the film, so that I can know some genuine reviews from my UK friends. (IMDb bombed with 1 star reviews) Nevermind, if you get a chance please do watch because release in my country isn't decided. 

I would say one angle view is broader problem that you will also get in universities (where the story might be told mostely from ur own countries perspective with some mildness towards it's own faults, but I think this happens everywhere. Now movies they are even worse because they often bend the trueth to get a better story to put on film. So you have the screwed view + inacuracies because they want to make it as apealing as possible :) But yeah i hope the movie does well in the UK :)

Edited by pepsa

16 minutes ago, pepsa said:

I would say one angle view is broader problem that you will also get in universities (where the story might be told mostely from ur own countries perspective with some mildness towards it's own faults, but I think this happens everywhere. Now movie they are even worse because they often bend the truet to get a better story to put on film. So you have the screwed view + inacuracies because they want to make it as apealing as possible :) But yeah i hope the movie does well in the UK :)

Yeah, I think it's normal in every country (keeping my country aside) Lots of prayer &love for a successful run in UK.

BTW, I don't have a screwed view + inacuracies, I just watch film to make learning interesting &also to remember sequence, timeline, dates, number faster ☺️

On 10/30/2021 at 3:22 PM, LPLC said:

£3,5M weekend for NTTD ? £86M total ?

If £86M by sunday

50% drop = £90M by 7/11

£92,5M by 14/11

£94M by 21/11

£96M-£97M final just a little bit over Spectre and Avatar ?

Better hold than expected for NTTD this week.

£90,5M by 11/7

£93M by 11/14

£94,5M by 11/21

Still on the way to £96M-£97M

Rank Film (Distributor) Three-day gross (Nov 5-7) Total gross to date Week
1 Eternals (Disney) £5.5m  £5.5m  1
No Time To Die  (Universal) £2m £89.9m 6
3 Dune  (Warner Bros) £1.6m £16.8m 3
Venom: Let There Be Carnage  (Sony) £670,000 £16.2m  4
5 The Boss Baby 2  (Universal) £606,181 £5.8m 3
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

On 11/7/2021 at 5:31 PM, SchumacherFTW said:

I'm good thanks, 3hrs of Chinese propaganda ain't happening for me, and I liked Wolf Warrior 2 and The Eight Hundred. 

Regarding the sell outs though, most of them are at a cinema where capacities per screen are 50 or less, while also being a 2 minute walk from Chinatown 

Raging Fire is good - best Asian film this year IMO. Check out the RT score. It opens on 12th November there i think - you can check that out.