Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

Seems to be selling slower outside London based on what I’m seeing in Sheffield. Opening day has sold well (the 8:30 IMAX is down to the seats that nobody really wants), but there’s still plenty left for the 17:00 showing (and the earlier ones). It’s bound to fill up though, I’d be surprised if the evening shows don’t all sell out until at least Sunday the 19th once walk ups happen.

I’d say that the 8:30 showing on Wednesday sold about as quickly as TROS’s midnight showing did, but it’s nowhere near Force Awakens or The Last Jedi, those two literally sold out their midnight shows in less than 10 minutes, I’ve never seen anything like it.

12 hours ago, SchumacherFTW said:

There's less than 10 seats left excluding disabled seats for Leicester Square Odeon on opening night now. Even Bond didn't manage that. 

I’m wondering what the opening weekend (3 day) will be. 

It has 11 less showings a day than Bond at my two locals. Still a huge amount though, 33 showings a day and an increased ticket price of course, £2 more than any other film so that’ll be a big boost over the last one. Its premium showings are actually more expensive than Bond here: 

4DX is £18.19

Superscreen £14.49 (that’s actually £3 more than usual, and £1 more than Bond). 

1 2.425.627 --- 2.425.627 1 House of Gucci
2 2.099.374 -51 7.513.854 2 Ghostbusters - Legacy
3 1.720.132 --- 1.720.132 1 Encanto
4 586.304 -52 13.871.120 4 Eternals
5 492.635 -48 95.491.106 9 Keine Zeit zu sterben
6 413.585 -35 20.954.264 6 Dune
7 371.879 --- 371.879 1 Anything Goes
8 250.142 -56 1.128.753 2 King Richard
9 137.959 -61 7.050.766 6 Boss Baby 2
10 122.442 -56 17.851.824 7 Venom 2
  • Like 1

"In the United Kingdom, Holland’s birthplace, “Spider-Man: No Way Home” is experiencing some of that sky-high interest. Theatre chain Vue says it sold more than 150,000 tickets to “No Way Home” on Monday alone, setting a company record for the highest volume on launch day in history. Sales were double that of pre-orders for Vue’s previous record-holder “Avengers: Endgame” (which opened to $55 million in the U.K.) and four times as much as “Star Wars: The Last Jedi” (which opened to $37 million in the U.K.)."

https://variety.com/2021/film/news/spider-man-no-way-home-record-ticket-sales-omicron-1235123000/

• Astonished 4

3 minutes ago, XO21 said:

"In the United Kingdom, Holland’s birthplace, “Spider-Man: No Way Home” is experiencing some of that sky-high interest. Theatre chain Vue says it sold more than 150,000 tickets to “No Way Home” on Monday alone, setting a company record for the highest volume on launch day in history. Sales were double that of pre-orders for Vue’s previous record-holder “Avengers: Endgame” (which opened to $55 million in the U.K.) and four times as much as “Star Wars: The Last Jedi” (which opened to $37 million in the U.K.)."

https://variety.com/2021/film/news/spider-man-no-way-home-record-ticket-sales-omicron-1235123000/

What in the ever loving what

16 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

That doesn't seems like believable. 

Based on what I’ve seen anecdotally around me, it’s big, but not Endgame big, or even Star Wars big (it might be close to TROS though). After opening day NWH seems to slow down, whereas Endgame had sell outs into the weekend.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

The Wednesday shows at my local are extremely busy. 

Thursday isn’t even as half as busy as Wednesday though, and it comes down to earth quite considerably on Friday. 

Yeah, that's exactly what I'm seeing here. Feeling a little shaky on calling £30m the other day 😂 I genuinely can't get a read on how that weekend is going to play out through the rest of the opening beyond a giant first day

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, SchumacherFTW said:

Yeah, that's exactly what I'm seeing here. Feeling a little shaky on calling £30m the other day 😂 I genuinely can't get a read on how that weekend is going to play out through the rest of the opening beyond a giant first day

Naa you gotta deliver 30M now. Be prepared to attach your personal assets if need be.

• Like 1