Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

3 hours ago, charlie Jatinder said:

As @SchumacherFTW said. Off 1M tickets, atleast 350K must be for OD. That's 4M GBP OD right there. Should atleast 2x that amount.

6 // 30

May be it remain crazy and do 35M+

Total = £70M + ?

1 hour ago, LPLC said:

Total = £70M + ?

I'm still not sure I'm convinced by that, it's going to be very front loaded even though its Christmas. King's Man is already booking a solid number of scene at my local for boxing day, we'll find out the numbers for The Matrix on Wednesday. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, SchumacherFTW said:

I'm still not sure I'm convinced by that, it's going to be very front loaded even though its Christmas. King's Man is already booking a solid number of scene at my local for boxing day, we'll find out the numbers for The Matrix on Wednesday. 

What is locked ? £60M ? It would already be huge knowing that FFH had made "only" £37M.

1 hour ago, SchumacherFTW said:

The only thing that's locked is a giant opening day. Beyond that, I really can't call anything until we see the reception. 

I think we can call weekend at this point considering it has sold 1M tix already. I don't know how considering all of the British posters are telling it's not as big as EG but EG was only 950K range in 9 days I believe.

7 hours ago, charlie Jatinder said:

I think we can call weekend at this point considering it has sold 1M tix already. I don't know how considering all of the British posters are telling it's not as big as EG but EG was only 950K range in 9 days I believe.

Ticket sales are one thing, but I remember a load of my colleagues and I huddling around a phone in our work shop to watch the Endgame trailer when that released. No Way Home doesn't have that palpable excitement that Endgame did, not even close

• Like 1
Just now, SchumacherFTW said:

Ticket sales are one thing, but I remember a load of my colleagues and I huddling around a phone in our work shop to watch the Endgame trailer when that released. No Way Home doesn't have that palpable excitement that Endgame did, not even close

Exactly. Don't know how all these pre-sales are coming. I know the internet buzz is huge, par Endgame, but Endgame also had actual ground buzz.

More so, pre-sales in America are under EG but Europe and Latin America they are beating Endgame is insane to me.

16 hours ago, Bruce said:

That's just Incredible

OW:£28m

TOTAL:£80m?

I would say absolutely no way (pardon the pun) it gets to £80m. 

That “OW” you have is actually a 5 day remember, off a potential £10m first day. 

1 hour ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Exactly. Don't know how all these pre-sales are coming. I know the internet buzz is huge, par Endgame, but Endgame also had actual ground buzz.

More so, pre-sales in America are under EG but Europe and Latin America they are beating Endgame is insane to me.

My guess would be that with the way the pandemic has progressed, we're likely seeing people become more familiar with booking tickets in advanced. Pretty much every chain has an e-ticketing system so would reduce the number of contact points in the theater.

14 minutes ago, SchumacherFTW said:

My guess would be that with the way the pandemic has progressed, we're likely seeing people become more familiar with booking tickets in advanced. Pretty much every chain has an e-ticketing system so would reduce the number of contact points in the theater.

I guess but pre-sales have been following normal pre-pandemic trend in USA, I suppose they do overseas as well.

Its not like NTTD had sales beating Spectre.

11 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

I guess but pre-sales have been following normal pre-pandemic trend in USA, I suppose they do overseas as well.

Its not like NTTD had sales beating Spectre.

You do have a point here about NTTD, but I will counter that with how we've been seeing more and more up front demand for the MCU in general. Add in that there's likely an increased desire for spoiler avoidance here which would increase the up front demand too. Whether I'm right or not, I don't know, we've never had a spiderman movie with this level of hype, especially in the UK. With the weds opening and lopsided presales right now, this is really hard to place. 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, SchumacherFTW said:

You do have a point here about NTTD, but I will counter that with how we've been seeing more and more up front demand for the MCU in general. Add in that there's likely an increased desire for spoiler avoidance here which would increase the up front demand too. Whether I'm right or not, I don't know, we've never had a spiderman movie with this level of hype, especially in the UK. With the weds opening and lopsided presales right now, this is really hard to place. 

I am curious about if we talking about hype,how about NTTD doing?

Looks like it’ll be close between Clifford and House of Gucci. Clifford might win due to showtimes. 

Bizarrely my local has Gucci on only twice a day, despite it being the number 1 film and the two showings being packed. 

West Side Story looks DOA. 

• Like 2
59 minutes ago, PhilipJ2001 said:

West Side Story, House Of Gucci, Clifford, Ghostbusters, Encanto was the top 5 yesterday.

WSS will comfortably win the weekend, but not a great opening for it. Maybe only half of Gucci's opening weekend based on the Friday

Oh wow, WSS was quieter than both Gucci and Clifford at my local yesterday. 

Glad it’s opening at #1 though. I’m sure it’ll do well midweek and throughout December. 

Not sure if everywhere is the same but think these new restrictions are having a big impact on the box office. West Side Story is practically empty at places I’ve checked, even in places like Vue Westfield where films are usually packed out on Saturday afternoons/evenings. Anecdotally, from various people I’ve spoken to, restaurants/hair dressers etc have had a massive rise in cancellations over the last week.

17 minutes ago, Heretic said:

Not sure if everywhere is the same but think these new restrictions are having a big impact on the box office. West Side Story is practically empty at places I’ve checked, even in places like Vue Westfield where films are usually packed out on Saturday afternoons/evenings. Anecdotally, from various people I’ve spoken to, restaurants/hair dressers etc have had a massive rise in cancellations over the last week.

Work for home and masks everywhere are hardly tough new measures . I would be shocked if these had any impact whatsoever as for west side that movie has basically underperformed ww so not really a suprise imo.

Edited by john2000