Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

On 9/28/2021 at 1:44 PM, charlie Jatinder said:

https://www.reuters.com/lifestyle/bond-film-set-biggest-opening-odeon-since-summer-2019-2021-09-27/

Odeon - 175K tickets

1/3rd tickets by people over 46.

Edit 1: Searching Google, TFA had 500K sales in Odeon & 350k in Vue at same time.

Trying to find others.

Hopefully we will get Vue data today @Menor

Edit 2: Not exact comparable data but

Endgame

April 5 - 435K
April 11 - 865K
April 25 - 2,148,092

These are Applaudience scrapped numbers for top 10 chains.

NWH Odeon 400K. Would mean around 1.75M+ admits. I suppose 30% of that is for OD atleast i.e. 525K or 5M+. 8M seems good to me.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Product Driven Legion said:

75 seems plausible to me unless omicron fears stop it which is very possible. Gotta see the opening first of course.

I’d been saying less than £75m before Omricon was even a thing, so that won’t be the cause. I think natural frontloading will. 

Is anyone here going to see it today? 

• Thanks 1

Spider-Man of course has the extra £2 (+20%) added on to every ticket that some other blockbusters have took advantage of this year too. 

It’s on 22 times today here. Not close to the 45 for Bond. Spider-Man goes up to 27 on Friday. 

Impressivey, West Side Story is keeping 9 showings. Clifford down to 5, Gucci, Ghostbusters and Encanto down to 3, Resident Evil has 2 and everything else is completely gone. 

Edited by Krissykins

If I didn’t know what day it was I’d think it was a Saturday looking at the shows around me. 

Vue Stratford is sold out virtually all day apart from a few morning shows and very late night shows past 11pm which are still over 50% full (around 50 shows in total). Craziness for a Wednesday that is not during a holiday. 

Probably £100k from that cinema alone. 

Edited by Heretic
  • Like 2
  • Astonished 1

Vue Westfield has 3 shows after midnight. Even the 12am show is nearly half full in the biggest screen.

Odeon Leicester Square has even sold out its 12pm show and 3:45pm show this afternoon in their huge screen, and very close to selling our 11:15pm. Nuts 

Edited by Heretic
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, Heretic said:

Vue Westfield has 3 shows after midnight. Even the 12am show is nearly half full in the biggest screen.

Odeon Leicester Square has even sold out its 12pm show and 3:45pm show this afternoon in their huge screen, and very close to selling our 11:15pm. Nuts 

Cineworld still not putting on 2D shows after 9pm outside of the city for some reason.

I'm in the fully sold out 19:30 at Leicester Square Odeon

Edited by SchumacherFTW

15 minutes ago, SchumacherFTW said:

Cineworld still not putting on 2D shows after 9pm outside of the city for some reason.

I'm in the fully sold out 19:30 at Leicester Square Odeon

Also why are CW LS playing in IMAX 3D instead of 2D, with a 2D show at 12:10am. Didn’t even think 3D was still a thing.

Quick look at my local:

15.00 started with 68 seats left in a 158 seater

16.30 14 left out of 84

17.30 8 left out of 158

18.30 8 left out of 158

19.00 5 left out of 207

19.30 5 left out of 143

19.50 3 left out of 96

20.00 7 left out of 84

20.10 2 left out of 56

21.00 sold out 158 seats

21.30 2 left out of 114 seats

22.00 27 left out of 158 seats

SuperScreen

15.50 200 left out of 443 seats

19.20 5 left out of 443 seats 

Huge. Most of the empty seats are solo seats. Apart from that 15.50 SuperScreen showing, it’s too early. Children get out of school at 15.00-15.30. 

Edited by Krissykins
  • Like 3

Very vocal audience reactions (clapping/cheering/huge laughs that drown out the next couple of lines) and I didn't even travel into central London or do an IMAX showing for this. Will play very well. Someone behind audibly said "this is the best movie I've seen all year". I think we'll be hearing that hyperbole a lot, it's aimed at being fan pleasing and will go over well with general audiences. 

• Like 3