Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

Just now, LPLC said:

What is the actual record ?

For Wednesday? No idea.

OD record is Endgame £11.9m, and that also holds the biggest ever BO day record (£12.1m on the Saturday) and biggest ever Sunday (£10.2m). 

Don’t think we’ll see numbers that high for a very long time. 

Wouldn’t surprise me if NWH is between £7-8m today though. 

• Like 2

I’ve never seen a Wednesday this big here. You can tell when the number is going to be a monster. 

People legitimately took the day off to see it. 

I can also see crowds being bigger than they were going to be this weekend due to worry of new restrictions. People ain’t missing this movie that’s for sure. 

6 hours ago, Jonwo said:

Interestingly Spider-Man loses a few PLFs showing to The Matrix Resurrections next Wednesday although can't see making much of an impact.  

The King's Man is most likely going to be hit hard, the bad reviews confirms it's a dud.

Just noticed The Matrix isn’t getting any SuperScreen time at my local. It still gets 14 showings though. Spider-Man loses 4 showings from Wednesday onwards. 

at my other local Matrix gets 2 4DX showings and 2 VIP’s. 

Edited by Krissykins

Matrix pre-sales in IMAX look pretty good, but I don’t think it’s going to do very big numbers overall, probably sub £20m. Expect Spider-Man to stay mostly on top throughout the holidays. 

Edited by Heretic

4 minutes ago, Heretic said:

Matrix pre-sales in IMAX look pretty good, but I don’t think it’s going to do very big numbers overall, probably sub £20m. Expect Spider-Man to stay mostly on top throughout the holidays. 

It’s also not doing the additional £2 (20%) surcharge that Spider-Man is. Just £1 extra for Matrix. 

20 minutes ago, Heretic said:

Matrix is losing IMAX completely after 1 week at Cineworld, seems dumb to me

£7.6m on a non-holiday Wednesday, and also no midnight shows. That is huge! Right in the middle then of what I expected. Around $10m.

Something like this may be possible then:

Wed £7.6m

Thu £4m

Fri £5.5m

Sat £7m

Sun £6m

£30.1m 5 day. Probably going to be a close one for the £30m mark.