baumer

Top 30 films of 1989 (baumer's favourite year)IMDB is the source...if it's 1989 on IMDb it qualifies...Aug 25th is deadline

7 hours ago, tawasal said:

We haven't had BOM's top non-english speaking/foreign movies thread yet, should we get it going?

Do you mean movies that never got translated / subbed or movies made in a non-English speaking language that got released in English speaking countries too (e.g. Das Boot - I think that a German movie a lot of people saw then, not sure if they dubbed it or did subtitles in the US/CAN/UK/AUS) or for both versions?

Curious about how someone with some experience in such kind of ranking lists would handle it.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, terrestrial said:

Do you mean movies that never got translated / subbed or movies made in a non-English speaking language that got released in English speaking countries too (e.g. Das Boot - I think that a German movie a lot of people saw then, not sure if they dubbed it or did subtitles in the US/CAN/UK/AUS) or for both versions?

Curious about how someone with some experience in such kind of ranking lists would handle it.

It doesn’t matter if it was theatrically released in the US or not, because it could have been released via other media as Netflix or on TV. 

It should be movies where english is not the main language. 

Edited by tawasal
  • Like 3

45 minutes ago, tawasal said:

I could open it after these two ongoing lists are finished.

I was gonna say just PM baumer to get the go ahead, but he already liked your post. 😂

Should be be a fun list!  

And I guess this is good time to put out a Spoiler Alert I am doing Top 50 Movie Musicals after these two are finished. Yay. Two good lists coming up. 

• Like 5

56 minutes ago, captainwondyful said:

I was gonna say just PM baumer to get the go ahead, but he already liked your post. 😂

Should be be a fun list!  

And I guess this is good time to put out a Spoiler Alert I am doing Top 50 Movie Musicals after these two are finished. Yay. Two good lists coming up. 

Thanks. It would be good to see your list, but I am definitely going to be leaning on the old musicals. I don't like any of the new except for La La Land. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, terrestrial said:

Also it shouldn't matter if the movie was dubbed or subtitled, it just has to be non-english speaking movie. It doesn't matter what country it has been released in or not released in. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, tawasal said:

Also it shouldn't matter if the movie was dubbed or subtitled, it just has to be non-english speaking movie. It doesn't matter what country it has been released in or not released in. 

Cool

Love to learn about the gems of many countries all over the world :wub:

• Like 1

It seems like so many people are eager to do list now. The musical list was mentioned first but yeah maybe after these two lists are done we can get two more lists going. The musical list and the foreign films list.

• Like 5

57 minutes ago, baumer said:

It seems like so many people are eager to do list now. The musical list was mentioned first but yeah maybe after these two lists are done we can get two more lists going. The musical list and the foreign films list.

I love both these list proposals. Nice suggestions @captainwondyful and @tawasal

Edited by Plain Old Tele
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Plain Old Tele said:

I love both these list proposals. Nice suggestions @captainwondyful and @tawasal

Thanks Tele. 

I should add more foreign movies in to my collection while waiting.

I have looked at your #365DaysOfMovies page in instagram and I think I am inspired to check out some of those foreign movies you have seen such as High & Low. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, tawasal said:

When is that movie coming out? 

December 20.  So the plan with baumer was the open List Submissions after Labor Day and close them around Thanksgiving, giving myself a month to get the list counted and posts written.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, captainwondyful said:

You will disqualify animation right? :Gaga:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/11/2019 at 10:15 AM, cannastop said:

@baumer @grim22

@Jason and I might do a list of 70s movies. Where can that fit in?

Let's wait for a while.  We have two active lists now, and two more about to commence in September.  Maybe October?

37 minutes ago, baumer said:

Let's wait for a while.  We have two active lists now, and two more about to commence in September.  Maybe October?

Oh October would work great. I was worried you would tell us  to wait until 2020.

2020 would also be the traditional year for the new animation top 100, which has happened every two years. :ph34r: Already talked to chas about that.

Edited by cannastop