TMP

Next Goal Wins | November 17, 2023 | Searchlight | Taika Waititi movie on Samoan Football Team

Just now, TMP said:

looks like fluff but it's nice to see fassbender giving a shit for the first time since, like, 2015 lol

This and The Killer are dropping on back-to-back weekends. It's been a loooooong drought but the Fassbender hive is finally thriving again.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, TMP said:

looks like fluff but it's nice to see fassbender giving a shit for the first time since, like, 2015 lol

Hey hey hey he rocked in Alien Covenant. Even Apocalypse for the first half. But yeah, glad he's taking a break from racecar driving 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Eric Foreman said:

I can already picture the Jojo Rabbit redux where this gets a bunch of Oscar noms and everybody acts annoying and judgy about it all throughout awards season before we all move on to something else. This will be fun.

feel like it looks too lightweight for serious awards beyond some comedy/musical globes stuff (could totally see them nominating fassbender twice for this and the new fincher, lol), but it still looks a lot better than i was expecting ngl

• Like 1

Not gonna lie the Taika shtick has gotten old pretty fast but I'm probably gonna fall for this. Looks like Cool Runnings but with football. What's not to like?

at the same time I don't see it playing like an oscar movie ala JoJo or even be on the awards rada,r even with good reviews.

1 minute ago, lorddemaxus said:

Looks like this sucks and the avg score on RT seems pretty low too so I doubt it's rebounding like Jojo Rabbit. Also heard there was a transphobic subplot that they ended up removing cuz of poor audience scores.

It's still in the movie according to the reviews.

• Disbelief 1