Eric Duncan

Weekend Thread - Actuals: H&S 25.3, Scary Stories 20.9, TLK 20.2, Dora 17.4, OUATIH 11.6, Racing in Rain 8.1, Kitchen 5.5

1 hour ago, filmlover said:

Nothing, in all likelihood, since everything set for the next two months is pretty much locked in. Universal already has a movie on that date (DreamWorks Animation's Abominable) anyway.

DreamWorks is putting out another movie this year? Surprised I haven't heard about it. Is it being undermarketed?

22 minutes ago, stealthyfrog said:

DreamWorks is putting out another movie this year? Surprised I haven't heard about it. Is it being undermarketed?

It's the 3rd yeti-themed animated film within the span of a year after Smallfoot and Missing Link.

3 hours ago, danhtruong5 said:

I saw that tweet before but  Toystory 4 was at $360m the day lion king came out. Am I missing something? If they mean the WW opening then that's kind of a silly thing to say since exceptionally few movies make it that high after a full run.

4 minutes ago, MattW said:

since exceptionally few movies make it that high after a full run.

I mean, that's the significance that the post is conveying, right? The fact that Endgame's WW opening was so large that so few movies make that much in total? Just a harmless, yet ultimately useless, factoid. It's just putting into perspective how big Endgame's opening was.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, MattW said:

I saw that tweet before but  Toystory 4 was at $360m the day lion king came out. Am I missing something? If they mean the WW opening then that's kind of a silly thing to say since exceptionally few movies make it that high after a full run.

I mean, it’s tagged WW 😛      

Bolded is kind of the point.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

I mean, it’s tagged WW 😛      

Bolded is kind of the point.

On mobile the full reddit post didn't show up, only the title and I didn't notice the WW.  

Incredibles 2 hit 1.2b in September of last year, so when Endgame opened it had been much longer since any movie had done it.  The gap between lion king and endgame isn't anything noteworthy for summer. 

Making a big deal about this annoys me for some reason, I'm not sure why.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Thanos Legion said:

Probably the same reason it’s 13 pages long on Sunday morning 

What to write when the thread is already derailed into roll-eye areas... also I do think without the pinning it gets less traffic (even if only a bit less)

4 minutes ago, 2010s Painkiller Race said:

what was up with the new Spider-Man?  

was it supposed to have good word of mouth?

the movie really fell apart on itself with all the reality magic, did anyone else feel like this wouldn't go over well with audiences?

Probably lots of fan rush

• ...wtf 1

20 minutes ago, 2010s Painkiller Race said:

the movie really fell apart on itself with all the reality magic, did anyone else feel like this wouldn't go over well with audiences?

I thought it was entertaining, the 4DX was great. 

But I’ve kind of already forgotten about it. 

37 minutes ago, 2010s Painkiller Race said:

It’s the top grossing Spider-Man worldwide and has improved over its predecessor domestically and worldwide by a good margin.  What more was it expected to do?

• Like 1