Eric Atreides

Weekend Thread - Actuals: H&S 25.3, Scary Stories 20.9, TLK 20.2, Dora 17.4, OUATIH 11.6, Racing in Rain 8.1, Kitchen 5.5

25 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

Unless you were tracking a Regal...those looked great:)...seems like the uneven nature of the movie will probably play out all weekend, with many theaters dead, but theaters where this viewing is "paid for" not so much:)...

Funny, you'd think AMCs would also show that kinda lift...but those subscribers aren't new, so they probably aren't itching to "make value" out of their sub as much:)...

Yeah I wonder if my Regal theater did unusually well. I didn’t really pay attention, or record the individual theaters so I don’t know.

I don't see why Scary Stories would be more frontloaded than Annabelle 2. Even last year's awful Slender Man movie got a 10x+ multi from previews.

Edited by cookie
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, HeadShot said:

Dora is doing better than I thought lol. Wonder if it can become a mini-jumanji for tweens

At the very least I think it can leg it out to $70M+ given how dead the box office looks to be the next few weeks.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

$ 21-24M can happen for Scary Stories and good legs considering lack of competition

Anyone knows the budget? This could be a hit if the budget wasn’t big

Deadline says $25m.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

$ 21-24M can happen for Scary Stories and good legs considering lack of competition

Anyone knows the budget? This could be a hit if the budget wasn’t big

$25M net production budget, if you believe Deadline...

• Thanks 1

Solid preview numbers so far! Scary Stories should be able to do $18-$20 million opening weekend with that number or maybe higher. While for Dora I can see it pull higher with families for the weekend, but unsure what it’s turnout will be.