Jump to content
Eric!

Weekend Thread - Actuals: H&S 25.3, Scary Stories 20.9, TLK 20.2, Dora 17.4, OUATIH 11.6, Racing in Rain 8.1, Kitchen 5.5

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Captain Marvel at that time was boosted by Endgame; fell right outta cliff from next weekend. Not happening for TS4. With Labor Day weekend expansion pending; and Incredibles 2 being the best comp,

I2 did $4.98mn in 8th weekend, to $25mn afterwards, TS4 shall be able to do $22.5mn Approx. A better placement of Labor day weekend may lead to $23-25mn as well. So I don't see it going below $440mn, with all the chance for $450mn.

TS4 + Lego2 > TLK

That's all the tickets TLK sold! :ph34r:

  • ...wtf 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, a2k said:

TS4 + Lego2 < TLK

That's all the tickets TLK sold! :ph34r:

puny king.

 

Should have done 7-8x LEGO 2

 

Edited by Charlie Jatinder
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, tawasal said:

And it seems like no one is going to touch that 9.73x multiplier number. Damn not even Cameron will do that again. 

One of man reasons it started low-ish (I have a problem to call it low =  meant lower than possible and...) was, during its OW there was a bad snow storm over dense populated US regions at that weekend. The version they say stay at home....

Not saying the difference could have been 50%+, but enough to see a few $m at least I think, as if I remember right e.g. New York... too was affected.

 

= not meant to devalue at all, its only about the mp in an average situation might be even more difficult to reach, to be aware....

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, Krissykins said:

I just realised Men in Black Internationals gross and loss is probably very similar to Ghostbusters (domestic share $50m lower and minus China, where GB didn’t release, it’s worldwide gross is $25m lower) where’s all the non stop media attention and attacks on this one then? 

  

Trolls suck. 

MIB:I's budget - 110M vs. WW gross - 251M
Ghostbusters' budget - 144M vs. WW gross - 229.1M

 

GB didn't even come that close to doubling its budget WW. MIB:I is in the green and even if takes a theater loss, it will 100% make profit with ancilliaries. Even if you added those 25M from China to GB, it still wouldn't get to the green line. Plus, a MIB spin-off would never be anywhere near as relevant as a Ghostbusters revival. That's why it didn't get a 10th of the attention.

Edited by MCKillswitch123
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

MIB:I's budget - 110M vs. WW gross - 251M
Ghostbusters' budget - 144M vs. WW gross - 229.1M

 

GB didn't even come that close to doubling its budget WW. MIB:I is in the green and even if takes a theater loss, it will 100% make profit with ancilliaries.

And in contrast, Ghostbusters made 128M in the US v. men in black only 79M.

GB2016 clearly cannot have done that badly as they produced another sequel coming out next year. Did not do much damage to brand from distributor perspective. 

Would be surprised if in 4 years time we hear even the slightest inkling of anything relating to Men In Black.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Avatree said:

And in contrast, Ghostbusters made 128M in the US v. men in black only 79M.

GB2016 clearly cannot have done that badly as they produced another sequel coming out next year. Did not do much damage to brand from distributor perspective. 

Would be surprised if in 4 years time we hear even the slightest inkling of anything relating to Men In Black.

Yeah, and yet still, GB was a big red mark financially while MIB is gonna make Sony money. It wasn't a complete waste of time.

 

The 2020 GB isn't even a sequel to the 2016 film. It's a sequel to the actual 80's classics. Part of the backlash against the 2016 film was exactly due to it trying to pretend like the originals didn't exist. An actual Ghostbusters 3 - directed by the son of Ivan Reitman - is likely to get much warmer reception. We won't get anything MIB related anytime soon, but then again, if it had been an MIB 4 with Will Smith and Tommy Lee Jones, the conversation would be a lot different right now.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

66% drop will give HS 2.63 Mon (-55% from last Mon)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Yeah, and yet still, GB was a big red mark financially while MIB is gonna make Sony money. It wasn't a complete waste of time.

Ghostbusters budget: $144m

Gross: $229m, no China release 

 

MIBI Budget $110m

Gross $250m, including $45m from China

 

I don’t think that’s the difference between “big red mark” and “make some money”. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Ghostbusters budget: $144m

Gross: $229m, no China release 

 

MIBI Budget $110m

Gross $250m, including $45m from China

 

I don’t think that’s the difference between “big red mark” and “make some money”. 

Hum, yes it is. It really kind of is. It's difference between "oh, you've doubled your production budget, that means you have at least a chance to turn a profit when the movie releases in ancilliary markets (because we all know how international shares work)" and "oh, you didn't even come close to doubling your production budget..... it's kind of a big loss". MIB made more money on a noticeably smaller budget. That is just fact, there's no circumventing it.

 

Also, how many movies weren't released in China and still made a shit ton of money? Both Deadpool films, Suicide Squad and It all hit north of 700M despite that handicap. So yeah, if we compare grosses pound for pound, it's not impressive for MIB that it barely outgrossed GB despite having 45M coming from China, but then again, GB could have still lotted a great amount and it didn't. And you don't even know if GB would have done well in China anyway. For all we care, it would've done less than MIB did. And even if it made the same 45M, it would still (by a little margin) miss 2x its budget, albeit it would definitely be a much lesser loss at that point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Guidelines. Feel free to read our Privacy Policy as well.