a2k

Daily Numbers | Thursday August 9

https://deadline.com/2019/08/dora-and-the-lost-city-of-gold-hobbs-shaw-the-kitchen-box-office-weekend-1202665153/

Meanwhile, the expectation is that Universal’s Hobbs & Shaw will reign supreme with $28M-$30M. Yesterday though Dwayne Johnson and Jason Statham had their feet stepped on by Disney’s The Lion King which won the day $4.2M to $4M. Hobbs & Shaw ends week 1 with $83.1M, 7% behind Paramount’s Mission: Impossible – Fallout which many have been comparing the pic’s B.O. trajectory to. Lion King ends week 3 with an estimated $60.5M and a running total of $453.1M.

So that's about -14% for both.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Looks like a 15% drop for FFH and OUATIH

Movie Gross % Change Theaters Total Gross Days
- (3) Once Upon a Time…in Hollywood $1,975,000 -15% 3,659   $88,732,188 14
- (4) Spider-Man: Far From Home $1,020,000 -15% 3,446   $365,667,101 38
- (11) Annabelle Comes Home $70,000 -50% 919   $72,126,890 44

FFH falls slightly behind HC, interested what it can do this week-end considering the loss of theaters and new options.

Edited by kings24450
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, sfran43 said:

There have been some misfires with these remakes, but the hits have truly been gigantic.

Which reminds me... Are there any updates regarding their Hunchback of Notre Dame remake? Remember reading early this year that it was in planning stages and I can see that one doing well (i.e. better as a live action project than the original animated).

Even $25m would be a stretch. 

With a $4m Th, it needs to surpass former friday jumps by a great margin. 

It was pretty consisatnt the last WEs in terms of Fr/Sat Jumps, so even giving it generous +65% on Friday and +50% on Saturday and only a drop of 20% on sunday, it won't get to $25m. 

Edited by Poseidon
  • Like 2