Sheikh

Weekend Thread - Good Boys 21.4m OW, other openers not worth mentioning

45 minutes ago, sfran43 said:

$2,600,000

-20% / $911
$9,000,000 / 3

:hahaha:   

I guess someone felt like an estimate in the 8s would be too embarrassing, but that shit is falling with actuals.    

Looks like most movies are up from what we were seeing based on Friday. That’s good for theaters... and my Survivor, which goes from 12% error to a pretty nice 10%. When 47MDU falls that will hurt a bit, so if Bernadette could have a good Sunday that would be just peachy.

24 minutes ago, sfran43 said:

Has TS4 been in released in China yet?

Edit: Damn! I can't believe I missed China's gross. It's so far down the list!😂

Chinese can't like Toy Story.

They make these toys.

12h a day.

It s horror for them.

• Haha 4
  • ...wtf 2

19 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Ah, OK. Tha nks for explaining. Do you think FFH could reach 400M with expansion?

I’m not really sure, but right now I’m leaning towards no. Sony is obviously trying to get an Endgame type of expansion, but they can’t really do that. Even with the new director’s cut, I don’t know if they can convince enough people. It should still give a better boost than the typical Labor Day expansion. But it’s not Endgame and probably won’t be as sustainable. Especially with IT 2 coming out, it will eat up a bunch of regular and PLF screens. Homecoming was able to survive the IT release because it was the 7th best performing movie up throughout the first week of IT. This weekend, FFH is estimated to be 12th. Another result of Homecoming still performing at number 7 was that it was able to retain theaters with needing a new incentive. FFH hasn’t been able to do that. FFH is in 800 less theaters than Homecoming the same weekend.

Love seeing Toy Story 4 ring the Billion Dollar bell. IMO, it's better than the remakes of Dumbo, Aladdin, Beauty and the Beast, and TLK, and it's better than Finding Dory (edited) and the Incredibles 2 as well.

IOW's, it's the best recent sequel to or remake of a classic Disney or Pixar movie, save for the amazing 2016 Jungle Book. 

Edited by SteveJaros
  • Like 2

I think FFH’s domestic performance and lack of growth comparable to GOTH indicates that Homecoming was inflated by RDJ. Still a very good performance and shows OS will show up hard for the webhead.

I can see Spidey 3 challenge AOU domestically.

28 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

What lack of growth? It increased OS by a lot and still outgrossed SMH dom. It may not have expanded the fanbase dom too much but it isn't stagnating or declining. 

It has grown 15% DOM and 25% WW, that seems really healthy. Moreso when you take into account that FFH had less starpower than Homecoming due to lack of RDJ.  Yes, other Marvel sagas have grown more %-wise throughout their sequels (Cap, Thor), but they didn't start so close to the ceiling as Spidey did.

It won't reach 400 DOM which is why some people might be slightly down on the film, but all in all it's a great performance.

Edited by Celedhring
  • Like 2