Jump to content
grim22

Upcoming Forum Lists and Countdowns - Please use this thread as a central discussion point for scheduling

Recommended Posts

Alright, might as well make things official official.

 

For Top 30 (or 25, but probably 30) of 2010, the process will go as follows:

 

Submissions and FYC goes from May 7, 2020 (day Iron Man 2 came out) and ends on June 18, 2020 (day Toy Story 3 came out). Don't know when exactly I will start the countdown, but I plan on ending it on July 16 (day Inception, what will probably be #1, came out), so expect it to start a couple days beforehand.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Isn't it a bit too long a submission time?

I feel like 3-4 weeks would be more sensible for not forgetting to do a list (if something is pinned a long time some people at least might get too used to it I think), and allow for more lists all year around?

But I am new to all this, so I might not be aware of something the experience taught others here?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, terrestrial said:

Isn't it a bit too long a submission time?

I feel like 3-4 weeks would be more sensible for not forgetting to do a list (if something is pinned a long time some people at least might get too used to it I think), and allow for more lists all year around?

But I am new to all this, so I might not be aware of something the experience taught others here?

 

The time is ostensibly for people to try and catch up on watching some of the films before submitting a list

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

so is nobody doing 2009? a shame. a much better movie year than 1989.

there's still space for it in November/early Dec between the foreign movies and the musicals if anyone wants it. go ahead people grab those likes. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, TalismanRing said:

The time is ostensibly for people to try and catch up on watching some of the films before submitting a list

Thank you for the explanation I had an idea hat might be the cause ;-)

Still feel 3-4 weeks should be more than enough time for that, and it would benefit the variety of lists per year

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jake Gittes said:

there's still space for it in November/early Dec between the foreign movies and the musicals if anyone wants it. go ahead people grab those likes. 

I'd rather get out of the 80s and 90s and do something wild like 1939 - where we'd probably get 7 lists. 😛

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Astonished 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

I'd rather get out of the 80s and 90s and do something wild like 1939 - where we'd probably get 7 lists. 😛

giphy.gif

 

I'll get Only Angels Have Wings in the top 3 by sheer force of will.

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

I'd rather get out of the 80s and 90s and do something wild like 1939

1939 is a great effing year.

 

Quote

- where we'd probably get 7 lists. 😛

It's gonna be you, me, and Jake in a backlot brawl.

 

27 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

giphy.gif

 

I'll get Only Angels Have Wings in the top 3 by sheer force of will.

Even at the cost of Babes In Arms?

 

=

 

How far ahead would you like notifications, @grim22?  I was thinking, as an off-shoot of the Top 50 Musicals doing a Top 50 Dance Scenes in December 2020 in honor of West Side Story's release.  

Edited by captainwondyful
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Jake Gittes said:

there's still space for it in November/early Dec between the foreign movies and the musicals if anyone wants it. go ahead people grab those likes. 

to be fair, we know that there will be voter manipulation going on for that countdown. You know how crazy those Night at the Museum stans are.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, captainwondyful said:

Even at the cost of Babes In Arms?

It's a tough choice but after considering it I'm gonna have to say that the movie without a song about the joys of minstrelsy & a 5-minute blackface routine wins. 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, captainwondyful said:

1939 is a great effing year.

 

It's gonna be you, me, and Jake in a backlot brawl.

 

Even at the cost of Babes In Arms?

 

=

 

How far ahead would you like notifications, @grim22?  I was thinking, as an off-shoot of the Top 50 Musicals doing a Top 50 Dance Scenes in December 2020 in honor of West Side Story's release.  

I have seen like over 10 movies from just 1939. It was great for movies. 

Edited by tawasal
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Who is going to step up and volunteer to tackle 2009? One of the Cameron or Harry Potter fans, perhaps? There were so many good movies in 2009 worth discussing again including a stellar remake, a riotous comedy, an uplifting animated flick and Colin Firth’s best performance ever.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LonePirate said:

Who is going to step up and volunteer to tackle 2009? One of the Cameron or Harry Potter fans, perhaps? There were so many good movies in 2009 worth discussing again including a stellar remake, a riotous comedy, an uplifting animated flick and Colin Firth’s best performance ever.

lol we'll have to wait until 2024.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LonePirate said:

Who is going to step up and volunteer to tackle 2009? One of the Cameron or Harry Potter fans, perhaps? There were so many good movies in 2009 worth discussing again including a stellar remake, a riotous comedy, an uplifting animated flick and Colin Firth’s best performance ever.

 

1 minute ago, cannastop said:

lol we'll have to wait until 2024.

I only want to do years where a Studio Ghibli movie could show up. Technically that includes 1994, but I haven't seen Pom Poko.

 

Also 2009, but I don't like Ponyo. :ph34r:

Edited by cannastop
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Guidelines. Feel free to read our Privacy Policy as well.