grim22

Upcoming Forum Lists and Countdowns - Please use this thread as a central discussion point for scheduling

40 minutes ago, Plain Old Tele said:

Has there been any discussion of doing an '80s best of? The '70s one was neat -- I bet we'd get more participants for the '80s and it's also less clear-cut what the absolute favorites would be.

Maybe after the holidays?

The idea is fun of course but keep in mind that in January-March we already have boffies, best of 2019, best of the 2010s (which I would still like to do, need a little more time to 100% lock it down) and top 100 sci-fi movies. Not a lot of breathing room left.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

The idea is fun of course but keep in mind that in January-March we already have boffies, best of 2019, best of the 2010s (which I would still like to do, need a little more time to 100% lock it down) and top 100 sci-fi movies. Not a lot of breathing room left.

Oh push it for sure then. No rush.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, nick64 said:

I was thinking about running a best/favorite directors of the decade countdown. It could have a deadline of around Oscar night. Has anyone else claimed this at all?

No one has claimed it.  I was gonna do a Directors March Madness Bracket, but if you want to do it, go for it.

On 10/16/2019 at 7:45 PM, Plain Old Tele said:

Has there been any discussion of doing an '80s best of? The '70s one was neat -- I bet we'd get more participants for the '80s and it's also less clear-cut what the absolute favorites would be.

Maybe after the holidays?

I chose 70s because 80s years tend to get individual countdowns.

• Like 1

On 8/19/2019 at 3:46 PM, Jake Gittes said:

I'd like to do the best of the decade countdown when the time comes. Thinking around March 15 would be a good submission deadline, with the reveal over the last week of March. That would be three or four weeks after the boffys. Nothing final yet though.

have lots of movies to catch up on:

For 2019 alone I have 

Little Woman

Weathering With You

The Lighthouse

A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood

Knives Out

The Irishman 

Come to Daddy

Parasite

Portrait of a Lady on Fire

A Hidden Life

The Lego Movie 2

Doctor Sleep

Jojo Rabbit

John Wick 3

Pokémon Detective Pikachu

Booksmart 

all to watch (hopefully before then)

Edited by Kalo

On 1/20/2020 at 1:52 AM, Inceptionzq said:

I’m probably gonna wait until next weekend to make my top 100 sci-fi post

Are your planned dates otherwise the same?

Top 100 sci-fi countdown with a submission period of Jan 17, 2020 - Feb 28, 2020. Reveal over the weekend of March 6-8, 2020

8 hours ago, Kalo said:

Thinking of doing my perosnal top movies of 2019. do I need to be on a wait list for that or can I just start it (probably won't till march, after I see A Hidden Life)

I think you can post it whenever you want in the speakeasy section. Thats where I see individual lists.

9 hours ago, Kalo said:

Thinking of doing my perosnal top movies of 2019. do I need to be on a wait list for that or can I just start it (probably won't till march, after I see A Hidden Life)

Personal lists can be made by anyone and at any time in the Speakeasy section. Only forum wide lists need wait list and approval.

• Like 1