cannastop

D23 Expo 2019 Aug 23-25 | DONE

2 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

Out of the descriptions, any idea which events might include MCU or non-MCU Marvel news and / or Star Wars (movie)?

Disney movie studio presentation is listed on Saturday 10 AM to Noon.

• Like 2

I doubt anything earthshaking will be revealed in this exercise in PR.

I have to give the Mouse credit for one thing;They have gotten a lot of people to pay money to go what is basically one long commercial for Disney products. That takes some smart marketing.

Edited by dudalb

30 minutes ago, cookie said:

Everything’s in one two-hour panel now.

I was a bit surprised when I first heard this, given how much they'll likely have to fit into that timeframe. But I think it makes sense to have it all one panel. 

It's going to be interesting to see what panels they choose to livestream. Perhaps Disney+ will be the big one since they really want to promote that. The Disney Studios panel seems less likely but that is the one I'm most interested in.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dudalb said:

I doubt anything earthshaking will be revealed in this exercise in PR.

I have to give the Mouse credit for one thing;They have gotten a lot of people to pay money to go what is basically one long commercial for Disney products. That takes some smart marketing.

There will definitely be some surprise announcements. Wouldn't be D23 if there weren't some Disney bombshells being dropped. Excited for them though! 

• Like 1

Just now, captainwondyful said:

C'mon Josh Groban as Beast in the Beauty and Beast Revival Announcement.  C'mon, Disney.

I imagine they're waiting until the next D23 for Beauty and the Beast stuff since 2021 is the original movie's 30th anniversary. Like you know around the holidays that year ABC's gonna carve out a three night block with the animated movie the first night, the live-action remake on the second, and a live musical on the third.

• Like 2

Not even joking, if Nic Cage comes out on stage and announces National Treasure 3, I will cry. Also praying Zootopia 2 is officially a thing that gets announced, because I need more Judy and Nick in my life.

Also maybe Chalamet as Prince Eric would be good too :ph34r:  (save your "he doesn't like mainstream stuff" TMP)

• Like 3
  • Disbelief 1

1 hour ago, Eric! said:

(save your "he doesn't like mainstream stuff" TMP)

lmao, if the role wasn't good enough for Harry Styles then I just think you shouldn't get your hopes up too high. inb4 they get one of the 13 Reasons Why kids for it.

48 minutes ago, TMP said:

lmao, if the role wasn't good enough for Harry Styles then I just think you shouldn't get your hopes up too high. inb4 they get one of the 13 Reasons Why kids for it.

Considering Harry supposedly did screen tests and was actually in talks, it's safe to say this wasn't a matter of the role not being good enough. (Money was likely a bigger issue or the fact that Harry has an album coming out very soon.) That said, it's difficult to imagine a well-known actor wanting to take on the role, knowing he would be seen as second choice. 

I still say it's weird we have heard no other name for the role. (Several names leaked for the Aladdin leads before the official announcement.) The full casting announcement for this movie and the Marvel Studios announcements is what I'm most curious about.