cannastop

D23 Expo 2019 Aug 23-25 | DONE

Just now, kitik said:

Hawkeye got skipped last night too.

Little Mermaid and Artemis Fowl also got skipped. Suffice it to say, Disney just had too much to talk about. 

You can only announce so many things. If they made a million other announcements, all of their news would start overshadowing each other. Heck, it may already be at that point. They'd only be stealing the spotlight from themselves.

I was expecting them to do a chart again to reveal the next live action films, ala phase four chart. They did it last D23.

3 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Universal seems to be the one going strong the most among non-Disney studios this year while Sony is about to have a great fourth quarter.

I don't think so regarding Sony. They are going to have two MiB International sized flops, Mr Rogers movie is going to underwhelm (poor WoM because Mr Rogers isn't the main character of the movie). I expect Little Women to be their only winner.

9 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

I don't think so regarding Sony. They are going to have two MiB International sized flops, Mr Rogers movie is going to underwhelm (poor WoM because Mr Rogers isn't the main character of the movie). I expect Little Women to be their only winner.

It's too early to say what WOM does to Mr. Rogers movie, at worst it makes 80-90m (which is still good) instead of 100m+. You're  also forgetting Jumanji 2 which is going to their second billion dollar grosser.  

Edited by babz06

By the way, now would be the perfect time for me to remind all of you movie-fans to go vote for your 10 most anticipated movies of the next 365 days!

https://forums.boxofficetheory.com/topic/667-box-office-theorys-most-anticipated-films/page/378/#comments

Will anyone vote for all-Disney?

(Actually, I don't think that's even possible. You'd have to throw in some Disney-owned Ford v Ferrari action and maybe one other too.)

2 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

Now that I think about it, it does seem weird that out of the Marvel movies being released in 2022, BP2 is the only one that’s actually confirmed. I suppose they want to keep fans guessing for a while. 

Feige said that last time they announced way too much all at once.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, babz06 said:

It's too early to say what WOM does to Mr. Rogers movie, at worst it makes 80-90m (which is still good) instead of 100m+. You're  also forgetting Jumanji 2 which is going to their second billion dollar grosser.  They will be in second this year behind Disney. 

Jumanji 2 will make about half its money in 2020 though.

Wow, another great day at D23.  Hopefully next time it’s in California I will actually be there to see it all happen live.  I got chills a few times today.  I am a total Star Wars and Marvel nerd.  BP2, the Eternals.  Omg I am geeking out and am here alone so can’t even chat with a nerdy, geeky family member.

I also really can’t wait for Raya, Mulan, Frozen 2 and soul.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, filmlover said:

I bet The Little Mermaid was gonna be a big talking point until the news that Harry Styles had passed on the role of Eric the other week broke.

Don't think they threw out a whole TLM presentation because of one role. Surely, they would have had a backup option anyhow. Perhaps unlikely but possible they are saving some movie news for the 30th TLM celebration tomorrow. 

Today was definitely a little more underwhelming than yesterday's Disney+ panel but glad we got a date for BP2. I've thought for awhile that it would get a May release date but figured it'd be 2021 instead of 2022. Seems a little puzzling that it was the only new release announced. I thought maybe Feige would announce a date for Blade and Guardians 3 but perhaps they are still figuring out what should go where, particularly with Gunn still having SS2 to direct. 

Great that Gemma Chan is getting a better MCU role, still a little salty that it's not for Shang-Chi but Sersi is great too.  

I'm not crazy about Kit's role but I'll take a Robb/Jon reunion in the MCU. 

Edited by Ororo Munroe
  • Like 1