cannastop

D23 Expo 2019 Aug 23-25 | DONE

Owning then a motor-caravan/motor-camper (does not work for a caravan as a trailer):

one person buys a year pass (in our case me and son had both one, husband only a day pass) - then the same price like maybe 3.7 days entry into those parks per person.

You can access the areal where the (charter....) bus drivers wait during the day till their passengers get back. The whole year long.

Showers, power in the wash rooms for charging your phones... all free. Entry to the areal from the morning till evening, the other time its closed, fenced.

In the night its usually very quiet, its in a nicely secured area, no one can steel your vehicle in the usual ways (all is possible, but its complicated to do so there)

You use it for visits in the park, but also for sightseeing the next big city or whatever is in driving distance and interests you, but have not to pay the insane fees the city camping placed ask for, and there is is always an empty space.

You can reserve a place at e.g. the steak house and get a better price-quality meal like in e.g. Paris, France (hence why so many from Paris visit all year around Disneyland Paris with a rather cheap regional population pass: to eat there).

As my son was small up to his teens we used it a lot, was way cheaper then as  any other possibility to visit Paris. Him and me started without the husband, drove with breaks, to take a swim or whatever, and went in a few days, husband flies in, spend for the son a day in the park too or not, then we drove to the ocean or ... too, on the way back zigzaged from one castle to whatever we wanted to visit, stayed again at the park's bus place, husband does his city viewing thing we didn't want to do too, so we are back in the park (btw, with breaks in the motor caravan too, to cook and eat, if the mood stroke), and then back to home again.

We did that maybe in sum 5 years? Not in one row.

Now we do other things, other countries, regions, but now I own a caravan only.

• Like 1

Good.  This has already been a strong rumor and good to see it all but confirmed.

(Yes, I know there are folks who love to binge, but there's a lot to be said about discussion time between episodes as well)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Good.  This has already been a strong rumor and good to see it all but confirmed.

(Yes, I know there are folks who love to binge, but there's a lot to be said about discussion time between episodes as well)

Just a limitation of the broadcast TV era being imposed artificially on internet content.

4 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Thank goodness!

I strongly prefer weekly episodes for shows like this. The huge discussions in between each episode about the story or future predictions or minor details greatly add to my enjoyment of the show.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, cannastop said:

Just a limitation of the broadcast TV era being imposed artificially on internet content.

17 minutes ago, kitik said:

Thank goodness!

I strongly prefer weekly episodes for shows like this. The huge discussions in between each episode about the story or future predictions or minor details greatly add to my enjoyment of the show.

Duality of BOT strikes again.

===

Put me in kitik's camp here. Ignoring the obvious financial incentives, there are in fact storytelling reasons to make it one at a time. Never mind the time factor (making something weekly means you can release it earlier and still be in production while episodes are airing) there's also the consideration on whether or not one believes that promoting discussion time between episodes enhances interest or not.

Personally I don't think there is a right answer here, just preference.  Regardless, there is no "just" or "artificial" here. And it's not like there aren't plenty of streaming shows that are weekly.  Things exist outside of Netflix, after all. :ph34r:

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Regardless, there is no "just" or "artificial" here. And it's not like there aren't plenty of streaming shows that are weekly.  Things exist outside of Netflix, after all. :ph34r:

If it is filmed already sounds pretty artificial to me.

Bold of you to assume I have netflix though. :ph34r:

I prefer them all being released at once so I can go through them at my own pace... it's part of what I'm paying for honestly, the convenience aspect... and also because I long ago learned that talking about shows while they're happening doesn't do much of anything but get in the way of actually experiencing the thing. It's not as if that talk is going to change what I'm about to see, all it can do is change my openness to what's about to enter my eyes... 

I can save the talking for both before and after it comes out... But I really would like to watch it when I want to watch it. Because I'm not really watching it SO I can talk about it. I'm watching it to experience it and get something out of that experience... and that experience doesn't NEED a bunch of yip-yap from people on the internet to make it better. The peanut gallery shouldn't be anything other than an elective...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Porthos said:

You're fishing for a reaction like, aren't you? :ph34r: Not gonna get it.  Not from Your's Truly at least. ;)

I actually think it’s a solid idea that could allow some discussion to build between episodes without momentum falling off a bit later in the week, and it’s surprised me that no one has experimented with release plans in between “all at once” and “once per 168 hours.

28 minutes ago, cannastop said:

At this point it is a business decision. It's a major driver of discussion and keeps your show and service in the news cycle for much longer. HBO has stayed that course and it works wonders for them.

• Like 3