cannastop

D23 Expo 2019 Aug 23-25 | DONE

Well I'm not a big Star Wars fan but I want to watch this new show just based on that trailer alone. Looks pretty damn good. That trailer music... *chef kiss*

McGregor as Kenobi is my favorite part of any Star Wars content so I'm excited to see him again.

Judging from those Marvel Studios reveals today, I'm going to say we are in for a few surprises tomorrow. Very interested in seeing who Kit is playing. 

Edited by Ororo Munroe
  • Like 1

Just now, Ororo Munroe said:

Well I'm not a big Star Wars fan but I want to watch this new show just based on that trailer alone. Looks pretty damn good. That trailer music... *chef kiss*

McGregor as Kenobi is my favorite part of any Star Wars content so I'm excited to see him again.

Judging from thosd Marvel Studios reveals today, I'm going to say we are in for a few surprises tomorrow. Very interested in seeing who Kit is playing. 

Thought all the Marvel + Star Wars stuff was done today.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

That doesn't make any sense in regards to the ages of Obi Wan and Solo

not to disagree, only thinking how it might work:

different genes/races and as such other speeds of aging?
Obi Wan's aged faster bcs something happened to him in between?

The time between SW 1 and later is bigger than most thought?

....?

1 minute ago, terrestrial said:

not to disagree, only thinking how it might work:

different genes/races and as such other speeds of aging?
Obi Wan's aged faster bcs something happened to him in between?

The time between SW 1 and later is bigger than most thought?

....?

Living in the desert plays havoc with the skin. Like, totally no moisturizer cream or anything. :sadno: 

===

Ever since Ewan was cast, people have noted how old Sir Alec Guinness looked.  But he was only 62 at the time of SW.  Just that he looked an old 62 (FWIW, he managed to subjectively look younger in my eyes in ESB and RotJ).

So people have long speculated that living in the desert took a toil on him.  

FWIW, Ewan McGregor is 48 now and will be 49 during filming, so that more or less matches up with being 10 to 12 years before SW.  Or at least match up more than it did. :lol:  

• Like 2

did 'we' knew the Emily VanCamp detail already or did I miss that?

Emily VanCamp, Kat Dennings, Randall Park Returning To Marvel Universe; Kathryn Hahn and Wyatt Russell Joining – D23 Disney+ Day

Edited by terrestrial

2 minutes ago, cookie said:

@Porthos

Over/under on the possibility that any of the Solo characters including Ehrenreich as Han appear in Cassian Andor?

Hmmm...  Don't know on that one, haven't given it much thought.  I'll have to get back to you on that.

Might hear the voice of Ahsoka Tano (TCW/Rebels) under her guise as Fulcrum though.  That seems more likely to me if we're talking crossover.

Somehow I know wait for Rachel McAdams / Dr. Christine Palmer as instead of  being Night Nurse a doctor version with a field hospital near the front & Benjamin Bratt / Jonathan Pangborn are returning too news (e.g. what if)

9 minutes ago, cookie said:

@Porthos

Over/under on the possibility that any of the Solo characters including Ehrenreich as Han appear in Cassian Andor?

4 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Hmmm...  Don't know on that one, haven't given it much thought.  I'll have to get back to you on that.

Might hear the voice of Ahsoka Tano (TCW/Rebels) under her guise as Fulcrum though.  That seems more likely to me if we're talking crossover.

Probably shouldn't take the TL as gospel at that fine of a point, but it does appear that the Andor show is around Season Two of Rebels, so she could still be around.

Or it could be just after she leaves and the Rebels need a new Fulcrum.  Cassian did apparently use that title for a while, so it being handed off to him at the beginning of the series could be interesting.

Really not sure of who is gonna show up though.  Lots and lots of characters running around in that gap so, sure, def the possibility for cameos.

6 minutes ago, Jayhawk said:

They’ll age Ewan up, no doubt.

Just don't "explain" why Obi Wan looks older as Ben than he should via some stupid plot point or event.  Just let it be one of those things that truly doesn't matter.

(really, hard living is a fine enough answer)

• Like 5

Counting the dots Cassian Andor is set seven years after the end of Solo, so anyone from that film showing up wouldn't have to look too different.

Mandalorian is five years after RotJ so the massive gap before Resistance should easily allow for a lot of time skips on that show.

• Like 2