cannastop

D23 Expo 2019 Aug 23-25 | DONE

12 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

Feb 22 is Captain Marvel II -- they'll stick with that early-Spring idea. 

July 22 is Blade.  -- It will be Marvel's "Black Summer"! 

Blade could also be the later film (I could see it as more a November-type), but I'd be willing to bet that it will be at least in the same year as Black Panther. 

Edited by Macleod
  • Like 1

No worldwide trends on Twitter yet, but here in the States, TROS (w/ Black Panther 2), Emma Stone (w/ Cruella), Palpatine, Gemma Chan (w/ The Eternals, Eternals, Black Knight), Frozen 2, and Raya are all trending as of right now, although things might change later. Guess we know which ones got people talking.

Edited by Eric!
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

The official candidates are Captain Marvel 2, GOTG 3, Blade, and Fantastic Four.

Most of us are guessing that GOTG will be the July 29, 2022 movie.

And it's not a bad guess that Captain Marvel will be a 2023 movie. (Though not definite obviously.)

That leaves Fantastic Four and Blade. 

However, Marvel could always surprise us. Again. As usual.

It could be Young Avengers. (Which they might want to film before the actors get too old!!!)

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, TMP said:

WB would have to push up Suicide Squad 2 for that to happen, I think. Captain Marvel 2?

Isn’t that movie supposed to start production this year or something? If so, it definitely should be possible for GotG 3 to make a July 2022 release date, although it may be pretty exhausting for James Gunn

1 minute ago, Macleod said:

Feb 22 is Captain Marvel II -- they'll stick with that early-Spring idea. 

July 22 is Blade.  -- It will be Marvel's "Black Summer"! 

Blade could also be the later film (I could see it as more a November-type), but I'd be willing to bet that it will be at least in the same year as Black Panther. 

I dont think it makes sense for them to put the CM sequel in February, she's a marquee player now-deserves the big summer slot. That FEB date makes more sense to launch a new franchise aka Blade.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Eric! said:

No worldwide trends on Twitter yet, but here in the States, TROS (w/ Black Panther 2), Emma Stone (w/ Cruella), Palpatine, Gemma Chan (w/ The Eternals, Eternals, Black Knight), Frozen 2, and Raya are all trending as of right now, although things might change later. Guess we know which ones got people talking.

I'm THRILLED that Gemma Chan is playing Sersi!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

Isn’t that movie supposed to start production this year or something? If so, it definitely should be possible for GotG 3 to make a July 2022 release date, although it may be pretty exhausting for James Gunn

That July 2022 spot is 3 years away.

I think James Gunn can make 2 movies in 3 years. 

Especially if the scripts are already mostly done for both.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, babz06 said:

I dont think it makes sense for them to put the CM sequel in February, she's a marquee player now-deserves the big summer slot. That FEB date makes more sense to launch a new franchise aka Blade.  

I think it makes sense to put the movie where it has the most room to breathe. Marvel has proven it can make money in Feb and March. 

• Like 3

Just now, captainwondyful said:

I think it makes sense to put the movie where it has the most room to breathe. Marvel has proven it can make money in Feb and March. 

They’re releasing BP2 in May, even though the first one was released in February, so I don’t see why they’d feel obligated to release CM2 in February. That seems more like a date they’d reserve for a newcomer like Blade.