cannastop

D23 Expo 2019 Aug 23-25 | DONE

3 minutes ago, Mr Terrific said:

Waaaait. 

New Mutants fills that Feb. 2022 date. 

Haha. What would that be? A 4 year delay? To allow Marvel Studios to reshoot to include it in the MCU? Lol. At this point, I feel fans would prefer it be released on streaming than have to wait 2 more years for it. 

2 hours ago, filmlover said:

They actually came in last Variety's summer grading poll if you don't count the Fox movies that Disney inherited separate FWIW (even behind Paramount even though they put out only three movies but that's because none of their titles sold as few tickets as the likes of The Sun is Also a Star/Shaft/The Kitchen/Blinded by the Light did). Universal seems to be the one going strong the most among non-Disney studios this year while Sony is about to have a great fourth quarter.

I think they're banking on It 2 and Joker. I think 2020 will be a lot better for them just because they have two bankers in  WW1984 and Tenet. 

2 hours ago, Minnale101 said:

Seeing all these animated movies original movies next year for Disney/Pixar 

and were here getting a scooby doo animated movie as main pillar for WB summer movies lol 

TBF I don't blame WB for using a tried and tested character for an animated film and I think it'll be successful for them. It's no difference from Disney using their existing IP.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, RichWS said:

All I know is that the Goldblum show is very tempting for seven bucks a month.

Wait for the Jeff Goldblum theme park annoucement tomorrow.

Edited by The Futurist
  • Astonished 1

If they don’t move to 4 a year, that will be the real issue.     

We’ve still got to get through: 

BP2, BP3

(BW2, BW3?)

CM2, CM3

(Eternals 2, Eternals 3?)  

AM3?  

(Thor 5, Thor 6...?)  

Shang-Chi 2, Shang Chi 3  

DS3  

gotg3

Blade 2, Blade 3 

FF1,2,3 

and that’s to say nothing of the other fox properties, teamup movies, going past 3 for some of those, or the possibility of a Spider-man deal being worked out — or continuing to introduce new subframchises like Nova, Thunderbolts, Power Pack, whatnot.      

We’re seeing that some of these ides can lean on D+ to see the light of day faster, but staying at just 3 a year means some of these being left by the wayside entirely or taking waaaaay to long to develop.

Edited by Thanos Legion
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

DS2 seems to be missing?

I didn’t list anything from the SDCC announcement since to me they feel close and I was trying to point out specifically how many movies there are to schedule for further in the future.

• Like 1

Was the movie panel today limited to just 2020 (and 2019) movies?

Was there anything from 2021?

edit: just remembered, they announced the 2022 Black Panther date

So okay, anything other than the Black Panther announcement?

21 minutes ago, kitik said:

Was the movie panel today limited to just 2020 (and 2019) movies?

Was there anything from 2021?

edit: just remembered, they announced the 2022 Black Panther date

So okay, anything other than the Black Panther announcement?

Did they announce things further out in past presentations?

41 minutes ago, TheDarkKnightOfSteel said:

Soooo Peter Dinklage, Richard Madden, Iwan Rheon, Natalie Dormer, Maisie Williams And now Kit Harrington are part of the MCU.Marvel sure loved their GoT actors.Wake me up when Queen Daenerys Targaryen aka Emilia Clarke gets her rightful place as the First Lady of the MCU, Sue Storm.Do it Marvel.

When was Maisie Williams part of the MCU?

5 hours ago, Thanos Legion said:

If they don’t move to 4 a year, that will be the real issue.     

We’ve still got to get through: 

BP2, BP3

(BW2, BW3?)

CM2, CM3

(Eternals 2, Eternals 3?)  

AM3?  

(Thor 5, Thor 6...?)  

Shang-Chi 2, Shang Chi 3  

DS3  

gotg3

Blade 2, Blade 3 

FF1,2,3 

and that’s to say nothing of the other fox properties, teamup movies, going past 3 for some of those, or the possibility of a Spider-man deal being worked out — or continuing to introduce new subframchises like Nova, Thunderbolts, Power Pack, whatnot.      

We’re seeing that some of these ides can lean on D+ to see the light of day faster, but staying at just 3 a year means some of these being left by the wayside entirely or taking waaaaay to long to develop.

I don’t know if every single sub-franchise will necessarily be a trilogy. Just because it has before doesn’t mean that will for sure continue with all of them. AM3 would kind of surprise me at this point for example. They can’t lose sight on making sure they’re consistently introducing new characters and sub-franchises, that’s how they will keep the future of the MCU going strong. They’d be smarter to start making team ups that act as sequels to two of the subs. Like maybe DS3 and SC2 can be the same movie for example. 

• ...wtf 1