cannastop

D23 Expo 2019 Aug 23-25 | DONE

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, LawrenceBrolivier said:

I missed this.... did Disney announce that ALL the new shows on Disney+ were weekly releases? Only the catalog stuff is on-demand and at your own pace and schedule?

I guess for 6.99 there had to be some sort of catch... Hulu is cheap but there's ads... ESPN+ is cheap but it's got a lot of junk on it... Disney+ is cheap but you can't actually watch a whole season when you want, the way you want...

You can watch it how you want when you want after it's completed it's original airing. Hulu and HBO do the same thing. My guess is Apple will as well. 

As stated earlier, it's a better way to keep a show in the conversation longer, build suspense (like with Handmaid's Tale) and to attract others during it's run.  Netflix & Amazon have had a few smashes dumping it all out but it's had more series fail to make a blip when not enough people caught on immediately that then wind up canceled. 

Edited by TalismanRing
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, TalismanRing said:

it's a better way to keep a show in the conversation longer, build suspense (like with Handmaid's Tale) and to attract others during it's run.  

I don't agree that this is a truism at all though. And part of the reason anyone pays for this stuff isn't just for the content, it's for the ability to watch what you want when you want. The idea that a big part of Netflix's model is an inherent mistake when everyone in the entertainment industry is trying to be Netflix right now doesn't make any sense to me....

It's not a deal-breaker, obviously... but it is annoying. 

2 minutes ago, cannastop said:

shit are they getting rid of that?

Nah, that's too important to Epcot (and Disney World overall) for them to ever get rid of. They're just adding stuff to the different lands like the Ratatouille ride in France and Cherry Tree Lane from the Mary Poppins movies to the UK.

2 hours ago, cannastop said:

shit are they getting rid of that?

They're technically getting rid of Future World rather since they're splitting it into three "worlds".

Epcot-Overhaul-700x342.jpg

Edited by cookie