cannastop

D23 Expo 2019 Aug 23-25 | DONE

1 hour ago, lorddemaxus said:

I'm confused by the line. Haven'they already gotten tickets for the convention? What's the point of going there so early?

From what I'm seeing, these are likely people who are there for the limited new merchandise. There will be an "official" line starting this afternoon for those who want to make sure they get a seat at the Friday panels. 

Edited by Ororo Munroe

I could never do these events for the system is so damn confusing. Like SWCC. they were doing lottery for panels and people got upset when they didn't get the panel they wanted. And then some smart people just walked into those panels and turned out check up was non-existent so anyone could attend if they knew it would be so easy. They even created a Discord for tips on sneaking. I know that for my friends got in TROS panel like that, just boldly walked in. :lol:

4 minutes ago, cookie said:

There’s a panel on Saturday for a secret project they’re going to announce today.

Well it's still really early in California. Might be announced today.

Edited thread title for this.

Edited by cannastop

Boggles my mind why Disney would create as their main attraction for Marvel land a character they do not own. Iron Man would have made the most sense. You can basically do the same things you would do for Spidey's ride with Iron Man or hell even Captain Marvel.

Edited by Cappoedameron

23 minutes ago, Cappoedameron said:

Boggles my mind why Disney would create as their main attraction for Marvel land a character they do not own. Iron Man would have made the most sense. You can basically do the same things you would do for Spidey's ride with Iron Man or hell even Captain Marvel.

Not having the film rights and not owning the character itself are two very separate things. Disney's free to do whatever they want with Spider-Man in their theme parks — as long as it's not in Florida or Japan because of Universal — and Sony has absolutely no stake in it.

Edited by cookie
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, Cappoedameron said:

They own the rights to have Spider-Man attractions in California but not Florida.

Universal doesn't "own" Spider-Man either but they still have him in their Florida park.

5 hours ago, Ororo Munroe said:

This is ridiculous. 

Con starts tomorrow, first panel is 11AM, and the line's only started now?  Naah.  That's par for the course.

5 hours ago, lorddemaxus said:

I'm confused by the line. Haven'they already gotten tickets for the convention? What's the point of going there so early?

RDJ will be getting his Legends Honor at 11AM on Friday.  People are most likely camping for seats after the lottery system or whatever they where doing this year turned into a two day clusterfuck.  

36 minutes ago, cannastop said:

What do you mean? It comes after the big movie panel, right?

The room that's announcing it in is not "big" enough for a "BIG" announcement at D23.  It's probably going to be something to do with the Parks.