14) Slap Shot

15) The Godfather

16) The Godfather 2

17) The Amityville Horror

18) Enter the Dragon

19) The French Connection

20) Midnight Express

• Like 4

@Jason I can get you write ups for at least five of the films that will hopefully appear in the top 100. Jaws Halloween Texas chainsaw massacre Rocky and maybe Apocalypse now. if Jaws 2 and Amityville horror somehow make it into the top 100 I'd be more than happy to write ups for those as well.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, baumer said:

@Jason I can get you write ups for at least five of the films that will hopefully appear in the top 100. Jaws Halloween Texas chainsaw massacre Rocky and maybe Apocalypse now. if Jaws 2 and Amityville horror somehow make it into the top 100 I'd be more than happy to write ups for those as well.

Yeah that would be great!

Just submitted my list.  My Top 25 ended up as:

1. Cabaret
  2. Alien
  3. Network
  4. M*A*S*H
  5. The Stepford Wives
  6. Young Frankenstein
  7. All The President's Men
  8. The Rocky Horror Picture Show
  9. Fiddler On The Roof
  10. Halloween
  11. Kramer vs Kramer
  12. Chinatown
  13. All That Jazz
  14. Apocalypse Now!
  15. Willy Wonka And The Chocolate Factory
  16. Carrie
  17. The Aristocats
  18. 1776!
  19. Blazing Slades
  20. Star Wars
  21. Superman
  22. Sounder
  23. The Godfather
  24. The Godfather II
  25. Nashville
  • Like 4

It's a week away.

@WrathOfHan @Jason @DAR @Brainbug @matrixdmath5 @Daxtreme @4815162342 @Jake Gittes @Pandamia! @filmlover @Morieris @JamesCameronScholar @Slambros @Rorschach @Blankments @CoolioD1 @aabattery @MrPink @grim22 @Ethan Hunt @Porthos @Spagheditary @DeeCee @Wrath @Jandrew @Cmasterclay @Kalo @AndyLL @Jayhawk @Jay Hollywood @franfar @Water Bottle @Chewy @#ED @Empire @Fancyarcher  @kayumanggi @Sam @The Futurist @Noctis @redfirebird2008 @RichWS @ddddeeee @K1stpierre @Ozymandias @a2k @The Stingray @Lordmandeep @MovieMan89 @Claire of Themyscira @tribefan695 @DAJK @Gopher @ElastiRoc @chasmmi @JJ-8 @Spidey Freak @YourMother the Edgelord @Arlborn @Nova @RobrtmanAStarWarsReference @cookie @grey ghost @lilmac @Jack Nevada @James @RandomCat @ChipMunky @elcaballero @MCKillswitch123 @angeldelmito @CaptainJackSparrow @Captain Craig  @cannastop @75Live @Goffe @Tower @Napoleon @rukaio101 @Michael Gary Scott @POTUS @darkelf @ChD @ShouldIBeHere @SchumacherFTW @Eevin @Alpha @Fullbuster @Mattrek @AJG @Webslinger @Kalderic @boomboom234 @vc2002 @Valonqar @Mulder @Blaze Heatnix @Shawn @sfran43 @Biggestgeekever @Thanos Legion @MrGlass2 @cax16 @Darth Lehnsherr @TLK @ACSlater @trifle @Exxdee @misafeco @Barnack @Ithil @StevenG @Finnick @Rebeccas @FantasticBeasts @CoolEric258 @Sheikh @Boxofficerules @KeepItU25071906 @LonePirate @titanic2187 @Olive @ZeeSoh @Jim Shorts @Mekanos @raulbalarezo @The Fast and the Furiosa @m3racer123 @That One Guy@SchumacherFTW 

@Telemachos@reddevil19

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Jake Gittes said:

1. Barry Lyndon

2. Chinatown

3. Cabaret

figure out the rest later.

In the past decade, there has been a major revival of the film noir genre in the U.S. With the recent rise of Hollywood blockbusters, and the popularity of independent films on Netflix, this film genre is still relevant to a much wider audience than, say, a modern blockbuster. Still, there are certain films that have stood the test of time and have become an instant classic. One such film is Barry Lyndon. There is a reason why the film has won over audiences worldwide, and it has a lot to do with its unique structure and the film's ability to create a sense of tension and tension is why Barry Lyndon remains so enthralling today in my opinion.

Great choices.

47 minutes ago, Kthuxi said:

In the past decade, there has been a major revival of the film noir genre in the U.S. With the recent rise of Hollywood blockbusters, and the popularity of independent films on Netflix, this film genre is still relevant to a much wider audience than, say, a modern blockbuster.

Yep sure this makes a lot of sense.

On 8/21/2019 at 2:40 PM, rukaio101 said:

Pretty sure the biggest question for me in this thread is less "Which 70's Movie do I put in 1st?" and more 'Can I see enough 70's Movies before the deadline to knock 'Salo or 120 Days of Sodom' off my list?"

Good news everyone! I've finally seen enough 70's movies to knock Salo off my list!

The bad news, however, is that in order to get there, I kinda padded out my list with a bunch of crappy B-Movies I saw on Rifftrax and, long story short, I now need to watch at least 9 more reasonably good 70's movies in the next week or else we end up with 'Santa Claus Meets the Ice Cream Bunny' in my Top 100. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Astonished 1

16 hours ago, rukaio101 said:

Good news everyone! I've finally seen enough 70's movies to knock Salo off my list!

The bad news, however, is that in order to get there, I kinda padded out my list with a bunch of crappy B-Movies I saw on Rifftrax and, long story short, I now need to watch at least 9 more reasonably good 70's movies in the next week or else we end up with 'Santa Claus Meets the Ice Cream Bunny' in my Top 100. 

Here are some options. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australian_New_Wave

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My list (already sent by PM)

1. The Godfather I
2. The Godfather II
3. The Deer Hunter
4. Alien
5. The Sting
6. Young Frankenstein
7. Star Wars
8. Ryan's daughter
9. Taxi Driver
10. Close encounters of the third kind
11. Jaws
12. Life of Brian
13. Apocalypse Now
14. Murder by death
15. La escopeta nacional
16. The twelve tasks of Asterix
17. Frenzy
18. Murder on the Orient Express
19. Manhattan
20. All the President's men
21. Amarcord
22. Duel
23. The taking of Pelham one, two, three
24. The exorcist
25. Yakuza
26. Rocky
27. Kramer versus Kramer
28. Mi querida señorita
29. The aristocats
30. Monty Python and the Holy Grail
31. Robin Hood
32. Grease
33. Superman
34. Annie Hall
35. Rocky 2
36. Chinatown
37. The towering inferno
38. Network
39. Everything you always wanted to know about sex…
40. A clockwork orange
41. Smokey and the Bandit
42. Rollerball
43. Shoot out
44. Barry Lyndon
45. American graffiti
46. The way we were
47. Farewell, my lovely
48. Saturday night fever
49. The spy who loved me
50. Slap shot
51. National Lampoon's animal house
52. Live and let die
53. Diamonds are forever
54. California suite
55. Moonraker
56. Carnal knowledge
57. Airport 1975
58. And then there were none
59. The man with the golden gun
60. Ransom

Edited by peludo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, cannastop said:

Nice.

I have listed nearly every 70s film I have seen, so there are films in the list that I do not like too much (maybe the last 10-12 of my list). But Robin Hood is not one of them :) I saw it lots of times when I was a child. I think it is a bit underrated. I love it.

• Thanks 1