grim22

The Matrix Resurrections | December 22 2021 | Keanu, Lana Wachowski back

i don't know where they put it though looking at 2021 seems like WB has filled up all their usual big dates. there's Akira in may 2021 which obviously isn't happening but they can't put matrix on that date when it's the same day as John Wick 4. probably a bit of shuffling is in order. push back fantastic beasts 3 a little more lol.

• Haha 1

Just now, CoolioD1 said:

i don't know where they put it though looking at 2021 seems like WB has filled up all their usual big dates. there's Akira in may 2021 which obviously isn't happening but they can't put matrix on that date when it's the same day as John Wick 4. probably a bit of shuffling is in order. push back fantastic beasts 3 a little more lol.

Said it on the other page but the weekend before Thanksgiving 2021 would be perfect for this. This will be R and can co-exist with Thor, and will have more than enough space until Avatar 2.

15 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

If Suicide Squad is moved up to November 2020 its current date would work for this. 

Venom 2 starts shooting Q1 2020, so I think that'll move out of October 2020 and I think Squad 2 will take that date. Still think May would work better for a film like this

4 hours ago, Eric Addams said:

I feel like a March 2021 date could happen, unless post takes super long. I don't think Mortal Kombat is going to be a big deal, and the other big movie of that month is...Boss Baby 2 lol

Mortal Kombat is already shooting so it'll ready for March 2021. 

I think WB wants The Matrix for the summer so perhaps July 2021 and Space Jam 2 moves to May or August 2021. 

10 hours ago, filmlover said:

I highly doubt Suicide Squad needs such a lengthy post-production period so I bet it moves forward too.

WB seems to allow lengthy periods of post-production for their DC films though: BVS wrapped in December 2014 iirc so it had approximately 15 months for post, Wonder Woman 1984 has been afforded similar gap between filming and the release.

Edited by gadd