grim22

The Matrix Resurrections | December 22 2021 | Keanu, Lana Wachowski back

10 minutes ago, marveldcfox said:

Bombs away.

No one cares about her and her films in India and so far she has been a total flop in Hollywood barring that TV show.

Bad Boys 3 makes me think this'll be a big hit. Might be in for an oughties nostalgia resurgence. 

• ...wtf 1

IMO, the Washowskis have never made a bad film (even Jupiter Ascending has lot to appreciate) and Sense8 and Cloud Atlas show that they can also deal with more mature and intimate work. Kinda sucks that Lily isn't returning but Sense8 proves that Lana can do just as well by herself. I think this could be the best Matrix film since the first (I love the other two sequels too).

Also think this could be the second billion dollar R-rated movie. 

Edit: Its also written by the guys who wrote the Sense8 finale? This is gonna be great.

Edited by lorddemaxus
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • ...wtf 1

4 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

MBJ obviously has some pull since Just Mercy is doing well in awards season without any awards push. Keanu is hot again. Chopra whatever, eye candy role, no big deal. So stars are lining up for this to do very well. 

MBJ isn’t in this though 

14 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

IMO, the Washowskis have never made a bad film (even Jupiter Ascending has lot to appreciate) and Sense8 and Cloud Atlas show that they can also deal with more mature and intimate work. Kinda sucks that Lily isn't returning but Sense8 proves that Lana can do just as well by herself. I think this could be the best Matrix film since the first (I love the other two sequels too).

Jupiter Ascending's the only movie I've ever walked out of. Unwatchable space trash

• Thanks 1
  • Knock It Off 1

13 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

MBJ obviously has some pull since Just Mercy is doing well in awards season without any awards push. Keanu is hot again. Chopra whatever, eye candy role, no big deal. So stars are lining up for this to do very well. 

Yahya Abdul-Mateen II is playing Morpheus, not MBJ

• Sad 1

I cannot wait for this movie. 
Just hope it is a sequel and not a prequel with de-aging etc. 

I want to see Keanu as he looks today, back in that costume and shades - it’ll be epic. 

That said, we can’t realistically expect it to make its May release date when the shoot hasn’t even started. Post-production on this will be tenfold compared to The Batman, which is already underway and coming out a month later than this.